• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Master Brake Cylinder - F650 gs

cjulyan

Does anyone have a master rear brake cylinder that they would be willing to part with? Wait time for ordering from Germany is about 3 weeks and apparently no dealers in US have part in stock. Alternatively, is anyone aware of a crossover part number / aftermarket that works for the 2006 F650 gs? We are traveling on our bikes and are 2,500 miles from home with no rear brake. Thanks

Does anyone have a master rear brake cylinder that they would be willing to part with? Wait time for ordering from Germany is about 3 weeks and apparently no dealers in US have part in stock. Alternatively, is anyone aware of a crossover part number / aftermarket that works for the 2006 F650 gs? We are traveling on our bikes and are 2,500 miles from home with no rear brake. Thanks

You didn’t mention where you are at, but a quick look on EME’s website shows them offering MCs for some of the F-bikes. Might be worth giving them a call- they are very responsive.

https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/category-s/3314.htm

Best,
DeVern

Rebuilding G650GS front master cylinder

I have the rebuild kit for my 2014 G650GS Brembo master cylinder. I started taking it apart but can't get the the outer rubber cup off without destroying it; no evidence of a pin clip. I have another piece, but before I tear out the old one, I wondered what will hold the new one in. The rebuilt kit came with two pouches, one I believe is just the silicon lube for the small cup, the other just says fluid for assembly"". Has anyone tackled the rebuild before? Any insights for me? Thanks.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Had not heard of Euro Moto Electrics - thanks for that. At the time, we were riding through the Badlands and I apologize for not updating the outcome. We were unable to find anything aside from getting a BMW order from Germany. That is what our dealer did for us but took almost 4 weeks for it to arrive. In the interim, we did find the Brembo rebuild kit online and ordered that. The Dealer said that there was not a rebuild kit for that cylinder, but that is incorrect and we ordered from Brembo. The rebuild kit worked well and since we have 3 f650’s, will just save the new cylinder until needed on another bike.

Back