• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Low Suspension Swap

BarkSlayer

I have a 2021 R1250GSA with the factory low suspension package. Can anyone confirm if it’s feasible to swap the front and rear shocks, and side and center stands for standard travel GSA units from the same model year? At 6’3” I’d prefer the full travel components. Bike has 17K miles and has never left the pavement.

I switched the shocks on my 1250GSA and went from lowered to standard height. I did this in conjunction with adding a sidecar to the bike. Contact Jeff at the Beemershop and he will offer multiple options for replacement shocks, all of which cost less than BMW’s shocks. They will have both ESA and non-ESA options. (831) 438-1100

Just a tip on center stand . Having a shorter center stand makes deployment easier . Especially when loaded up with cases , and weight .
You will likely find the rear tire will lightly touch the ground , and the bike will be very stable . To lift the rear off the ground a 1x4 under the pads of the stand will now get the rear off the ground . One can carry a cedar plank in bottom of side case for ER tire repair .
I have included a photo of OEM to shortened Kawasaki C14 stands I modify for the above purpose .

DSC_1448.jpg

Back