• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for feedback on the Touratech Aventuro modular helmet

Campingaddict

Hi folks, new to the forum and thought I would look for some feedback on the Touratech Aventuro mod helmet. I currently wear a Shoei Hornet X2 and love it, but am looking for a modular lid that will make it easier to get the helmet on and off while wearing a pair of Ultimate Ears custom moulded earphones. Donning and doffing the Hornet with the earphones in is somewhat painful and due to the way the SENA 20S is positioned, can’t even use it as it sits right in line with my left ear making it extremely difficult to get the helmet on and completely impossible to get the helmet off.

I’ve tried on a couple of modular helmets with the earphones in and really liked the comfort and quality of the Schuberth E1 (no opportunity to try on the Touratech due to dealer availability but I understand they are the same basic shape and design with a couple of differences such as exhaust vents and google strap holder, etc.)

I’m leaning towards the Touratech due to the rear exhaust vents and reviews that suggest it does vent better than the E1. What’s holding me up is the relatively flimsy feel of the adjustable peak on the E1 especially at highway speeds. As I haven’t examined an actual Aventuro, I’m curious if the peak is the same build or any more rugged. Or if the peak is even an issue?

Looking for any insight anyone may have on the above as well as any other advice or experience on the Touratech as there really isn’t much out there other than the web bike world review.

Thanks in advance, really happy to have access to this forum,

Scott

Last edited:
There's a review I wrote for the ON here; http://www.rdalland.com/TTMod

I've had the TT Mod for two riding seasons. I really love it. The pinlock style insert is loose now so I get some fogging in colder/wetter weather. I keep forgetting to address this in between rides. Maybe I'll google it now...

i-3xJzf7t-L.jpg

Thanks Reid,

Excellent review, exactly what I was looking for. As mentioned, my biggest concern was the relatively fragile feel of the peak as compared to my Shoei Hornet peak and a couple of sources where riders complained about the peak vibrating badly at highway speeds. I never know how much credence to give this as everyone has different standards and expectations. Some riders complaint about the Hornet’s peak catching too much air but it’s never bothered me, so I’ll probably have a similar experience to you with the Aventuro Mod.

Thanks for the info and quick response,

Scott

Back