• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for a riding partner - Thousand Oaks - Ventura County area

esachs

I'm looking for someone to go on occasional rides with. None of my buddies ride and I'm always riding alone. It would sure be nice to have someone to meet up with from time to time you know? Weekend rides, day trips, whatever. I live in Thousand Oaks (Ventura County). Standard day rides in my area are through the canyon (either Kanan or Malibu Cyn) to PCH and then North on PCH. Neptune's Net, Santa Barbara - wherever.

I have a BMW R1200GS Adventure. I'm a very young 47 years old. I'm married and I have 4 kids (two are grown and out of the house). My early riding days were on liter bikes (GSXR 1000's) and I rode very aggressively through the cyn (Mulholland, Decker, etc.). I stopped all of that craziness a few years ago. I've had my GS for about 6 months now and I LOVE IT! It's the perfect bike for me at this time of my life.

These days I'm mostly riding the speed limit. I still push the envelope from time to time in terms of aggression on the bike but I've mellowed quite a bit. Riding for me these days is more about the freedom, the scenery, the therapy. I'm just missing the comradery which is why I'm posting this.

If you are somewhat close to me and would like to get together for a ride sometime, hit me up and lets make it happen. My schedule is pretty flexible. I ride my bike every day to commute to and from the office but I usually do "pleasure rides" on the weekends. Also, my wife likes to join me on the bike from time to time so if you have a significant other, we could even schedule a couples ride.

Reply to this thread or send me a PM please.

Thanks.

Riding partner

How about joining me?
I am headed to Red Lodge, MT for the August rally touring the area and Bear Tooth Pass, 3 nights tent camping then off to Glacier NPs Highway to the Sun road, maybe staying at Historic McDonald Lake Lodge. Then off to the Lolo Motorway, Historic Lewis and Clark 90 mile ridge top dirt trail. about 2K miles some forest service roads and twisty paved roads. 3 weeks .
Bruce.... bphegley@bellsouth.net

Just might work

How about joining me?
I am headed to Red Lodge, MT for the August rally touring the area and Bear Tooth Pass, 3 nights tent camping then off to Glacier NPs Highway to the Sun road, maybe staying at Historic McDonald Lake Lodge. Then off to the Lolo Motorway, Historic Lewis and Clark 90 mile ridge top dirt trail. about 2K miles some forest service roads and twisty paved roads. 3 weeks .
Bruce.... bphegley@bellsouth.net

hey Bruce. I would consider the ride in August and would like more info. Where would we meet up? I'm in Thousand Oaks, CA. Let's talk about it. I'll email you.

Eric

Back