• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lodging @ Lima in 2005

Mark11LT said:
Why didn't you call me?

Me too - I'm in the Anon. Book (anonymously, of course) and I am just a stone's throw from Snake Navel. Besides, some of the folks who work at the dealerships are riding buddies. I could have hooked you up...

Besides, I always have beer and anti-beer - er, coffee.

:)

LECFlagger said:
Miscreant #2 here. Or is that #3?

Considering I won't have to ride 3/4 of the way across the country I'll have way more energy to partake of the Beer Garden. Unlike this year, where I had 7,000 miles under the belt dragging me off to my tent at 10:00pm every nite.

My vote is the fairgrounds!!! :bliss

Hey, Good point #2. I can't think for myself. I like your thinking on this matter. I may change my mind later. But, I might miss something at the beer garden.
Therefore, this hanging chad, hereby changes his vote to the fairgrounds. Remember, ride, volunteer, arrive early, drink, silverton, drink.:beer

Re: reedin

Unregistered said:
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdgnieg

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny
iprmoatnt tihng is taht
the
frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The
rset can be a taotl
mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs
is bcuseae the huamn
mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod
as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Huh?

Actually, I read that pretty easily (of course, I'm dyslexic anyway). That is pretty amazing.

Re: Motels in Lima

My buddy William Shatner will be getting me a better rate.
As an expert hotel-dweller, I paid a sweet $49/night in Spokane, one of my fellow dwellers paid $109 (same place). Priceline baby, it's the only way to travel.

I'll wait until about March before I book though, because you pay when you bid, so you have to be commited to going.

Gail

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
From the Rally Chair

Worry not, Grasshopper. I have negotiated some good rates with the Lima motels....

Holiday Inn $79/night + tax
419-222-0004
Comfort Inn - price varies: $75/night for a King or 2 doubles
419-228-4251
Best Value Inn (Formerly a Ramada) $55/room
1-800-352-2168

There are also Motel 6 and Super 8. I don't have their prices handy.

Sue Rihn-Manke, Chair
2005 BMW MOA International Rally

I got the Leonard Nimoy price. Marriott Rewards five free nights in Spokane.:D

Still camped though, kept the hotel room for the air conditioning and the work requirements.

That just seems so wrong somehow.
(But you're right points trump paying anyday)

BradfordBenn said:
I got the Leonard Nimoy price. Marriott Rewards five free nights in Spokane.:D

Still camped though, kept the hotel room for the air conditioning and the work requirements.

Lima Rally

Why does the BMWMOA site does not show anyhting about Lima Ohio?

I was very pleased to see that Sue Rihn-Manke has negotiated some good hotel rates. Thank you Sue. I would like to book the one that is closest to the Rally grounds.

Camping

OK, I'm ready for some flames about this, but here goes. I'm a new motorcyclist, and new to my R1200CL. My wife and I would love to go to Lima. However ... we travel by motorhome with our two dogs. We would plan on trailering the bike to the Lima area, and riding when we get there. Would we be drummed out of the fairgrounds? Should we camp far away and just ride in on our bike pretending we were commuting each day from Michigan? Any other motorhomers out there?

Be kind.

Re: RV Camping and Dogs at Lima

dancogan said:
My wife and I would love to go to Lima. However ... we travel by motorhome with our two dogs. ...... Would we be drummed out of the fairgrounds?

You brought up two points that others might be interested in:
RV camping AND pets.

This year we had nearly 80 RVs in Spokane, and we are ready for more than that next year at the Allen County Fairgrounds.
There are approx 40 sites with FULL hook-ups, and another 100+ sites with power only. You will be in good company. Be watching the BMW Owners News and the web page for details on how to reserve your RV spot - probably in January or so.

Secondly - Pets.
Pets will be allowed at the 2005 rally. BUT --- and this is a big one, folks --- we expect pet owners to be responsible... not only for the happiness & well being of their animals, but also out of consideration for the rally guests.

You will see more on this subject in the future.

Hope this addressed some of your concerns.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Sue. And good luck on what I'm sure will prove to be a very rewarding and challenging undertaking!

Re: Re: RV Camping and Dogs at Lima

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Secondly - Pets.
Pets will be allowed at the 2005 rally. BUT --- and this is a big one, folks --- we expect pet owners to be responsible... not only for the happiness & well being of their animals, but also out of consideration for the rally guests.

:bliss :boldpurpl :dog :dog

So in addition to noisy and quiet camping, will there be different sections for cats and dogs?

Now how do I get a Great Pyrenes and a Newfoundland onto a RT and the camping gear?

Back