• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lift on Sale

Wow, great deal. I bought a Handy lift a while back and I have to tell you, at my age a lift is a great equalizer. It is so much more enjoyable working on my airhead with a lift.

Lift on sale

This lift is on sale. If you go to the web site you can get a coupon that knocks the price down to $299!!

No cash right now for me, but thought others might want to take advantage...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-l...ce=retail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2110B

:deal

John,

I bought one of those on a similar sale couple of years ago. I've had the GS and the RS both on it for work. Some folks on the LT list, use it for the LT as well. Let you know when the RS gets off mine :). However, don't see why it wouldn't handle the LT as well. IMHO for the average guy, it works great for the price.

One caveat, I changed the wheel lock to a more sturdy unit and added additional tiedown points.

John,

I bought one of those on a similar sale couple of years ago. I've had the GS and the RS both on it for work. Some folks on the LT list, use it for the LT as well. Let you know when the RS gets off mine :). However, don't see why it wouldn't handle the LT as well. IMHO for the average guy, it works great for the price.

One caveat, I changed the wheel lock to a more sturdy unit and added additional tiedown points.

Good point about that wheel clamp. As shown in the picture it would keep a bike from rolling but not from falling over. Not good. Handy and many others use a wheel clamp that is sort of L shaped that grips the sides of the tires at the bottom and vertically at the front. Mine is at least 12 inches tall. If the bike isn't on the centerstand I do add tie downs for stability but once properly clamped the bike won't fall over even without tie downs.

Must have gone up in price. I bought mine from Harbor Freight 2 years ago for about $280. Best investment these old bones ever made.

I have been using one of these for a number of years now, but I also need to upgrade the wheel chock. HF as one available that looks real good. Mine gets a lot of use repairing snow blowers and lawnmowers too, plus anything else that is heavy and is easier to work on whole not on the floor. It's not fancy, but does the job for a good price.:bikes

Back