• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lab grown chicken? Are you ready?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Saw this on CBS Sunday morning-

Somehow Soylent Green comes to mind :eat

Maybe when BMW starts to include an Air-Fryer (with rotisserie) on the next generation motorcycles?

The chickens seem somewhat happy.

:eek

OM

Gross is all I can say. Nothing is natural anymore and I wonder what all that GMO food will do to us in the long term….

Nice to see progress, I can see this working better than the bean based meat alternatives.

Hopefully the taste and consistency is similar enough most people would be hard to tell the difference without being told. Then I think this can catch on.

Nice to see progress, I can see this working better than the bean based meat alternatives.

Hopefully the taste and consistency is similar enough most people would be hard to tell the difference without being told. Then I think this can catch on.

I've had soy-based chicken & beef, and lab-grown meat, and both were okay.

Both versions utilize considerably less resources & money and produce considerably less waste. Like electric vehicles (GM has committed to only electric vehicles at some point), it might be the way of the future.

I’d eat it…

but won’t pay extra for the privilege. Interesting that the corporate chicken empire has taken note, and is getting in on the ground floor. My main concern would be for the livelihood of the small time chicken farms and farmers, which I (admittedly) know nothing about. I just think they may somehow get squeezed, and then crushed.

What ever happened to the powdered orange juice that they developed for astronauts, Tang...I think?

I've had soy-based chicken & beef, and lab-grown meat, and both were okay.

Both versions utilize considerably less resources & money and produce considerably less waste. Like electric vehicles (GM has committed to only electric vehicles at some point), it might be the way of the future.

I've had an Impossible Burger and thought it was actually pretty good. I'll try lab grown chicken. I just want the protein and if I can work with it just like regular chicken, so much the better. We roast chickens here pretty regularly, but after the first meal, we tend to take them apart to make other dishes with the chicken as a component. Lab grown chicken seems ideal for our "second use" chicken recipes.

Probably not gonna have any leftover bones for making bone broth or chicken stock, I guess. :ha

Back