• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jay Leno's Garage, now on CNBC.

I saw an interview and they talked politics. He's an idiot in that area...That and I was visiting california a month after he took over the tonight show and got tickets to the show. I show up to go in and they tell us we can't. A line of people out of nowhere go past us and go in the show. From what I heard, he wanted to pack the show with people he knew. Whatever. Lots of times there's the person they want you to believe is like and what they really are.

That sez it all!

I saw an interview and they talked politics. He's an idiot in that area...That and I was visiting california a month after he took over the tonight show and got tickets to the show. I show up to go in and they tell us we can't. A line of people out of nowhere go past us and go in the show. From what I heard, he wanted to pack the show with people he knew. Whatever. Lots of times there's the person they want you to believe is like and what they really are.

IMG_0656.JPG

The sun will rise in the East tomorrow, I hope that chip you have been holding onto will not keep you from enjoying your day.
I will go for a ride!

DSCF1588.jpg

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

Why don't you dig how beautiful it IS out here?

Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Oddball

Last edited:
View attachment 57437

The sun will rise in the East tomorrow, I hope that chip you have been holding onto will not keep you from enjoying your day.
I will go for a ride!

View attachment 57438

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

Why don't you dig how beautiful it IS out here?

Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Oddball

No chip, just an opinion. I look at the world for what is, not some disneyland fairy tale. It's not pessimistic or optimistic, but realistic.

Jay Leno Another View

Years ago I met a guy at a rally (Rolling Broccoli) that was riding a Munch Mammoth. He had a book written for him on his fascination with the brand and his search for more of them. The book was written in trade for his repair of a juke box and I think there was a relationship budding between him and the author. It was titled "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" Dave Manthey with May Johnson and Amy Johnson. It is written in a folksy conversational format this is just a hoot. So Dave is in his wood heated shop and gets a phone call from Jay wanting to know if he has a Munch to sell and if so can he deliver. Dave says yes even though he doesn't have a clear plan on getting a bike from Wisconsin to California. He and his bud take the bars off, fluid and battery out and put it in the back of a stationwagon and drive it out. Put it together down the street from Jays and ride it up. By all accounts from the book Jay treated them very very well. They went back stage and sat in the front row of his show. I think they hung around for several days. Sold me on Jay as being the real deal.

I can only conclude that those people rushed in front of you for the show were probably bikers, maybe Dave.

These things happen.

Wayne Koppa
#71,449 Life
Grayling, MI

Years ago I met a guy at a rally (Rolling Broccoli) that was riding a Munch Mammoth. He had a book written for him on his fascination with the brand and his search for more of them. The book was written in trade for his repair of a juke box and I think there was a relationship budding between him and the author. It was titled "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" Dave Manthey with May Johnson and Amy Johnson. It is written in a folksy conversational format this is just a hoot. So Dave is in his wood heated shop and gets a phone call from Jay wanting to know if he has a Munch to sell and if so can he deliver. Dave says yes even though he doesn't have a clear plan on getting a bike from Wisconsin to California. He and his bud take the bars off, fluid and battery out and put it in the back of a stationwagon and drive it out. Put it together down the street from Jays and ride it up. By all accounts from the book Jay treated them very very well. They went back stage and sat in the front row of his show. I think they hung around for several days. Sold me on Jay as being the real deal.

I can only conclude that those people rushed in front of you for the show were probably bikers, maybe Dave.

These things happen.

Wayne Koppa
#71,449 Life
Grayling, MI

From what I found out it was family and friends. Whatever. Even if it was bikers, I rode then too...That said, I stick by what I've said. There's always the rest of the story.

From what I found out it was family and friends. Whatever. Even if it was bikers, I rode then too...That said, I stick by what I've said. There's always the rest of the story.

I would say it was NBC more than Jay. They always want a full audience for the Tonight Show, so they give out the free tickets just in case Jay's guests don't show. Since you did not pay, they have no qualms about telling you "too bad" after you stood around all day. Living in LA, I have heard this tale fairly often about the show. They also give out more tickets than seats for the same reason. I toured the old NBC studio several times, but never bothered with the TS for that reason. I did watch Willie Nelson sing the same song 12 times once for a Bob Hope show. We finally left, who knows how many more takes he did.

I would say it was NBC more than Jay. They always want a full audience for the Tonight Show, so they give out the free tickets just in case Jay's guests don't show. Since you did not pay, they have no qualms about telling you "too bad" after you stood around all day. Living in LA, I have heard this tale fairly often about the show. They also give out more tickets than seats for the same reason. I toured the old NBC studio several times, but never bothered with the TS for that reason. I did watch Willie Nelson sing the same song 12 times once for a Bob Hope show. We finally left, who knows how many more takes he did.

Like I was told, he just started the show and they wanted a friendly audience and probably a full one. Thing is, it would have been full. Lots of us got turned away. I can't say exactly, but the line was probably 100' long, so it wasn't only me. Whatever. It's not like I go to california that much, especially then since I lived in NY.

Back