• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I’m starting all over-what luck have you had with Sedici clothing?

mike54rt

Buying my first bike in 30 years, and I have zero accessories. Any recommendations for moderately priced armored gear in larger sizes? Also have to get a modular helmet-any recommendations?

Sorry if this has been asked 10,000 times, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks so much!

No experience with sedici.
I love my Shoei neotech 2.
Also like my Gmaxx modular which is quite a bit cheaper.

Remember, when it's your protection, don't cheap out.

Moderately priced with excellent qualities and safety IMHO.

Olympia jackets and pants and Nolan modular helmets. Feel free to PM if you want any details.

Last edited:
I can’t speak to the quality, but Cycle Gear has its own product line, Bilt, which is helmet to boot at very good prices. Maybe someone here with experience with Bilt can advise you about its value.

Doug

I've been wearing a Sedici modular helmet for about 6 months. It's ECE rated. The padding and interior lining seem to be very well made and finished, the helmet has been comfortable for all-day rides. The chin bar locks very securely.

Iron Pony Motorsports in Columbus, OH (ironpony.com) is closing out Firstgear Kilimanjaro 2.0 and Kathmandu 2.0 jackets for $139 (list $500). They're the newest generation and first quality except for a messed-up lot of color dye. My wife and I both bought one a month ago. Top name brand quality at a Bilt price.

Buying my first bike in 30 years, and I have zero accessories. Any recommendations for moderately priced armored gear in larger sizes? Also have to get a modular helmet-any recommendations?

Sorry if this has been asked 10,000 times, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks so much!

Where are you located. PM me I might have some gear we can discuss.

I've been wearing a Sedici modular helmet for about 6 months. It's ECE rated. The padding and interior lining seem to be very well made and finished, the helmet has been comfortable for all-day rides. The chin bar locks very securely.

Iron Pony Motorsports in Columbus, OH (ironpony.com) is closing out Firstgear Kilimanjaro 2.0 and Kathmandu 2.0 jackets for $139 (list $500). They're the newest generation and first quality except for a messed-up lot of color dye. My wife and I both bought one a month ago. Top name brand quality at a Bilt price.

Sedici is a cyclegear / revzilla owned company it is their higher quality line of offerings. Bilt is their value line and Sedici is the high line.

Check out motorcycle closeouts. It's exactly what it says it is and they have a lot of one and two versions back clothing at good prices. I bought a closeout Olympia jacket from them a few years ago at an extremely good price. RevZilla has closeouts at discounted prices too. The RevZilla video reviews are great too.

I have several other closeout items that I got from one of the other of the sites but I can't remember what came from each site, including a Shoei helmet, gloves, and overpants. I'm not a stylish person so I'll take the older version of an item at a good price over the latest version every time unless the newer version has significant upgrades that I'm interested in.

All of that being said, please consider an air bag vest or jacket; that's a major safety upgrade over a regular armored jacket even tho they're not inexpensive. I felt much better about getting my sister into riding after getting her a Helite vest. She wears it faithfully.

https://motorcyclecloseouts.com/

https://www.revzilla.com/sale?view_all=true

Back