• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hyperpro Progressive Springs

‘07 1200GS with original springs and shocks. I’m frequently bottoming out when loaded with full luggage. Anyone have any experience with progressive springs, while NOT also replacing the shocks? Thanks

‘07 1200GS with original springs and shocks. I’m frequently bottoming out when loaded with full luggage. Anyone have any experience with progressive springs, while NOT also replacing the shocks? Thanks

Maybe my experience can help even through I installed a Hyperpro rear shock on my K1 first, and then did the fork springs. I've done a lot of suspension upgrades in my time so have convinced myself I can tell the difference between the suspension needs of both ends of a bike. The first thing to know is that if your old suspension started life well matched, then upgrading either end will just make the limitations of the other end more obvious.

That was proven on my K1 when I bought the Hyperpro rear shock and front fork spring kit. I installed the shock and the improvement was immediate and very impressive: firmer, yet compliant with overall far better connection of the rear tire to the ground. The forks had the stock BMW springs where were too soft IMHO to begin with and then had sagged some over the years. I had tried the get the front static sag set correctly before (it was too low) and only got to the very low end of the correct range. The Hyperpro springs put the forks right were they should be and really complimented the rear shock with the same firm, yet compliant feeling. Essentially, both ends were relatively gentle over little bumps and at low speeds, but got progressively firmer as your speed increased, but still compliant. Together they made it into a much more comfortable bike to ride and yet much better in the corners and when riding aggressively.

My advice would be to try them - but be prepared to buy the rear shock. :brow

I had Hyperpro Progressive Springs, the 30 mm lower version, on my '14 GSA.

They worked great for me for 65,000 miles. Stock Shocks were still working when I traded her in for a '21 GSA.

Greg, thx. I’m contemplating changing both the front and rear spring, but neither shock.

This makes me ask how many miles are on your current shocks, and what are you trying to accomplish with new - and I'm assuming different spring rate springs? Thanks.

Back