• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi all from New Zealand

Nick63

Hi all,

thought that we would just jump right in and introduce ourselves... Nick and Bec from NZ

life circumstances gave us a big nudge and we decided to quit waiting for "one day..." and just go for it.
So we are heading to Canada and the USA in late July to embark on 12 months of exploring.
Our youngest daughter and her husband are moving into our place next month to look after our pets while we are away as well as live rent free for 12-18 months while they save for a house deposit (win win!).
We are currently using the next few months to explore all the beautiful places here in NZ on bikes. Its getting us used to being away from home and travelling on 2 wheels, spending up to 10 hours a day riding, and getting more adventurous with our riding off paved roads.
We are loving the freedom it gives us and cannot wait to explore the back roads and hidden gems that the USA and Canada has to offer.

Nick has been riding for 40+ years and Bec has been riding for around 16 months.

We look forward to getting to know you and hear your suggestions for some of the beautiful, twisty, remote roads that your country has to offer

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you have quite a trip planed. If you have questions along the way, the forum will be a good place to look for answers.
Hopefully you will be able to supply us with pictures along the way.
Good luck and ride safe.
Gary

Welcome Nick and Bec from NZ...

Look me up when ya have some Q’s regarding Rocket City and the AlaBeemer’s.
mailto: president@bmwmoal.com

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —&— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Mrs-HSV visiting the White Sands National Monument a few years back on a western swing...
WhiteSands_NM.jpeg

Welcome from Newfoundland. We have some of the nicest scenery in the world! (yes I am biased but I speak from experience.) We are also opening a Moto B&B so feel free to come visit.

Also feel free to PM me for any questions etc about this part of the world.

Welcome Nick and Bec! Sounds like you have quite an adventure planned. Pics of the bikes are always appreciated.

May I recommend to be sure to secure your copy of the Anonymous book for your travels? Best wishes for a great trip.

Thank you for the welcome :thumb
How do I upload photos here? do they have to be a certain size?
would love to share some pics of our bikes and travels

Using a 3rd party photo hosting site makes it super easy to share photos plus you get to keep them all and not give them away to the forum. I've been using SmugMug for over 10 years with over 15K photos on my account. Yes it's a paid account but I feel I don't have to worry about the safety of my pics. Look at my sig line you can save $5 to open a new account.

IMG_2634.jpgIMG_2633.jpgIMG_2632.jpg
also had/have FTR1200, RS660 and Street Triple ...but they will be sold to fund our overseas trip ...the FTR went last week and it was pretty heart breaking. Thanks for the welcome everyone. There is some great info on this forum.

Where are you planning to tour in the USA? No shortage of things to see and roads to ride. The national parks are worth a visit though you’ll be here during their peak visitor period. Also keep your anonymous book handy for local contacts when you decide your routes. There will also be rallies taking place while you’re here so you might consider attending one or several. You’ll definitely be in the running for along distance award or two. Safe travels and welcome.

Back