• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from Central Wisconsin!

centralwisrt

CentralWisR1200RT
Hello all, new member and also a new BMW owner as of March of this year, with a new to me 2011 R1200RT. Previously have owned an HD, couple of sport bikes and an enduro. Really loving getting back into motorcycling after a 15 year break.

Planning to do some long-distance tours and would like to attend the big rally in NY this summer, if I can swing it. Thanks to all of you who give us your knowledge and experience! Helped me make my decision towards the R1200RT.

IMG_2266.JPG

Cheers! Tim

Welcome to the forum, Tim! Sounds like you've got a nice bike to begin to enjoy!

I know Stevens Point fairly well...at least the road through town! I have/had family from Waupaca and one relative was a lawyer in Stevens Point. My aunt and I like to drive from Minnesota and have a picnic lunch there at the park by the river. Nice place to spend a little time!

Very nice bike Tim. I think you love it. I was riding with Chris Willham from Michigan at the Fontana getaway a couple of months ago he had the same bike and color scheme. I was on an '05 RT but sold it Friday to offset the price of my upgrade. I put 116,000 miles on that bike. The RT's are hard to beat. Like you the guy I sold it to, a former Harley rider that had been off bikes for the last three years. He rode off in a sudden heavy downpour. He had a smile on his face before he put his visor down. He got a great deal on that bike. I gave him my April ON copy that had a picture of his new bike in it. If that doesn't convince him to become a new member, I don't recon nothing will.

Thanks all, I appreciate the welcome! Just took a nice ride to Univ of Minnesota a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the great riding along the river into Western Wisconsin. So far the R1200RT is proving to be a great bike with superb handling, power, electronics, comfort, and storage capability to be a great all around bike! I will admit still trying to get used to the low speed characteristics, little heavy there...

Come join us at the Wisconsin Dells BMW rally

Hi Tim,
Come join us at the DELLS rally this year, September 9th-11th at Camp Wawbeek on Hwy 13.
See the other forum posts or visit our website at www.wiscbmwclub.com for more info.

Food, fun, bike, and beer! Hope to see you there!

Sharon Ernest, Rally Chair (one of two)

Hi Tim,
Come join us at the DELLS rally this year, September 9th-11th at Camp Wawbeek on Hwy 13.
See the other forum posts or visit our website at www.wiscbmwclub.com for more info.

Food, fun, bike, and beer! Hope to see you there!

Sharon Ernest, Rally Chair (one of two)

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the info, sounds great! Will see if I can swing the Dells Rally with my schedule.

Cheers,

Tim

same as me :)

Tim, I upgraded to a 2010 this past March that looks exactly like your bike. Will look for you at the rally, extremely happy with the bike, only wish I bought it a few years ago.
GT

Back