• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helite Leather Airbag Jacket Review

moshe_levy

All-

Helite's Leather Airbag Jacket combines a mechanical airbag apparatus with traditional cafe styling. Tune in to see how it held up over my winter commute!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7LYQTQR0PpM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-MKL

I was thinking about getting this after my crash, but went instead for the Alpinestars Tech Air unit instead.

The Helite would have never deployed until after the damage to my chest!

Yes, I'd like to get my hands on the Alpinestars to test too. Curious about what you mean by the idea that the Helite wouldn't have deployed, though. What did you mean by that?

-MKL

Yes, I'd like to get my hands on the Alpinestars to test too. Curious about what you mean by the idea that the Helite wouldn't have deployed, though. What did you mean by that?

-MKL

The Helite is tethered to the bike and will not deploy until the rider leaves the bike. When I reviewed the traffic cam footage, the pick-up truck struck me at my 8 o'clock position and moved me about 8', after which time I was ejected from the bike. I felt that by viewing the footage, the damage to my chest would have been completed in that 8' before the vest would have deployed.

6 displaced broken ribs, pneumo/hemo thorax, punctured lung and nerve damage in my left arm.....

Here's my Alpinestars Tech Air Revenant jacket.

Tech Air Revenant.jpg

Back