• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Plains Cycle Supply, Lincoln Nebraska

bigbear

If you ever need help in eastern Nebraska, I recommend you go to Great Plains Cycle Supply in Lincoln. Even if you don't need help, it is worth a stop to see all of the vintage bikes on display and talk with some interesting folks. Noah, one of the owners, has a liking for BMWs which saved my trip. My 03' RT went over in a near tornado while I was taking shelter in a gas station near Lincoln. Windshield was broken along with the shield adjustment mechanism. Not much luck with nearby dealers, so I was about to cut my trip short when I stopped in at Great Plains. Noah just happened to have a windshield and quickly jury rigged the mechanism before installing the shield. Price was more than fair. Good conversation was free.

There's zero reason to expect a dealer to stock windshields.

However, BMW has a VOR (vehicle off road) program and you can have your part overnight. You pay for this, of course.

There's zero reason to expect a dealer to stock windshields.

However, BMW has a VOR (vehicle off road) program and you can have your part overnight. You pay for this, of course.

Doesn't that make this place in Lincoln all that more special?

Back