• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

For Secretary: Muriel Farrington

oldhway

2 Wheeled Troubador
Muriel Farrington
White River Junction, Vermont

I started riding in my late 50ÔÇÖs after encouragement from other BMW riders to ÔÇ£take the courseÔÇØ. Now ten years later, I have my 100,000 Mile Award and am well on my way toward 200,000 miles. I often ride solo, including most of my 7-week trip to Gillette, and another to St. Louis and beyond for an extended tour south and east. Other trips have been from the southern Appalachians, up through New England, and on into Nova Scotia and Ontario, camping whenever possible. It is hard to describe how much IÔÇÖve benefited from riding ÔÇô from the people IÔÇÖve met, to the places IÔÇÖve been, and the self confidence IÔÇÖve gained.

IÔÇÖve been retired for almost two years; that was preceded by 17 years as an Army wife followed by a career in the software industry. In addition to serving on our BMW MOA Board, my experience includes serving on town zoning and library boards, state and regional archeological and historical societies, neighborhood condominium association, and a local charity providing court-mandated services for supervised child visitations. In the past IÔÇÖve sponsored youth organizations and served as Scout leader.

As a decade-long member of the BMW MOA, IÔÇÖve attended seven International rallies and will be riding to Redmond this year. I was Media Chair at the Vermont Rally and chaired the Electric Charging Station in Gillette and Johnson City; I will be producing the daily newsletter in Redmond.

Active in the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont since 2000, I am serving my fourth year as President and my tenth year as newsletter editor. I also served as the BMW MOVÔÇÖs Secretary and co-chaired the Green Mountain Rally. Other memberships include the BMW RA, AMA, other local New England BMW clubs, and the Chain Gang.

I have served as your BMW MOA secretary since July 2007, expanding the amount of detail released from our quarterly board meetings. I also serve on the BoardÔÇÖs Events and Communications Committees. When I ran for Secretary in 2007, I stated that my goals were to be an example to aspiring riders of all ages ÔÇô especially women, to promote rider education and safety, recruit new members, and be a liaison for BMW MOA members. I believe I have accomplished much of what I intended, but the job is not over. I am part of the newly-formed BMW MOA Recruiting Team, and I expect to make more strides in recruiting new members.

I want to continue as your Secretary for another term. My can-do attitude and positive outlook on life have served me well in the past, bringing various groups together for an expanded future. I complete projects on time, striving for an outcome that benefits the organization. I have time and energy, enjoy contributing to my local community and the organizations to which I belong, and believe I exert a positive influence. Will you re-elect me as your Secretary?

I "assume" Muriel's running for re-election as secretary despite the ON listing her as running for Treasurer???:dunno
That is correct. My term runs thru the 2011 International Rally.

I heard that this was proofread by 5 people who all missed the error in the headline. It is correct on the ballot. Of course, I noticed it at once and have been having some fun at Muriel's expense ever since. :laugh:laugh

tb

That is correct. My term runs thru the 2011 International Rally.

I heard that this was proofread by 5 people who all missed the error in the headline. It is correct on the ballot. Of course, I noticed it at once and have been having some fun at Muriel's expense ever since. :laugh:laugh

tb

I noted the ballot was correct, but I read the mag first, and was surprised. I thought your term was longer :brad

Hard to find a better candidate that Muriel - a leader whose hard work and cheerful demeanor are the very definition of class and leadership.

Re the "Treasurer" headline . . . . after all, it was April issue . . . April Fool's joke, right all of us proofreaders?! :brow

Thanks for your confidence, everyone.

Best,
Muriel

Back