• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Flywheel holes / Oil / R60/6

kentuvman

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of replacing Main Seal and Oil Pump "O" ring and YES the crank is blocked!

When I removed the flywheel bolts, oil seeped out of every hole - I read how Brook Reams used RTV to repair the leaks:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...over-o-ring/&usg=AOvVaw14uS9BXkrRqlp4cVnXXYKi

This is my second main seal replacement and I don't recall seeing oil seep from Flywheel bolts - bike only has @ 26k on odometer and I'm quite confident these are original miles.

Also, picture should be rotated 90 degrees to the right

Any suggestions always appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5984.JPG
    IMG_5984.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 65
Brook is the man on this! I had my /7 flywheel off years and years ago at an Airhead Tech Day but don't recall any issues at the time. I don't think it's a huge issue, just seal things up as he did and press on.

Thanks Kurt - as always - you are a huge asset to this forum! Don't know how you keep up but you sure do!

So, the main seal was the original White and hard as a rock - it had been obviously leaking - I'll run to the local auto parts store and pick up a tube of grey RTV he suggests.

Thanks again!

Back