• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First BMW bike for me

zenwhipper

Afternoon-

I'm the proud new owner of an '16 R1200RT. This is my first BMW. I just spent eight years on an 2008 FJR but the bike was getting a bit long in the tooth. I wanted something a bit more in the area of accoutrements. Boy did I get it! Fantastic bike. Love the character of the Boxer motor. Cheers!

:):whistle

bike1.jpg

Awesome, welcome aboard. Great looking bike. I'd be interesting to see what you think vs. the FJR in about 3 months.

Congrats! Won't be picking my "new to me" 2014 RTW up for another 4 weeks so this just makes me antsier.

Here's an idea, ride it to the MOA Rally in July and you'll be able to provide a very in-depth 3-month report. ;-)

also please...

Congrats! Won't be picking my "new to me" 2014 RTW up for another 4 weeks so this just makes me antsier.

Here's an idea, ride it to the MOA Rally in July and you'll be able to provide a very in-depth 3-month report. ;-)

also please report on the beer, ice-cream, and pizza along the way. ...somebody's gotta do it!:dunno

Welcome to the club. Thanks for posting a picture of your bike too. We love pictures of bikes here. I think you bought the only bike that could ever replace my beloved '05 RT.

Bought my first one in December. The relationship started off bad but is gradually getting better. Hope to get it broke in someday so I can go for a long ride.

Back