• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Das Rally Feedback

If there's anything I was a little disappointed with, it was the vendors. Now I do understand that nobody can force anybody to show up and that businesses don't make decisions lightly, but it felt to me like there was very little in the way of useful stuff and way too many purveyors of travels that I'll never be able to afford. Nobody was selling anything that I just HAD to take home or that even got me very excited (or even made me want to take a second look). In fact, I would have loved to have bought a new helmet after the abuse that mine suffered on the way to the rally, but of the few available, nothing fit both my head and my sense of taste.

If there's anything I was a little disappointed with, it was the vendors. Now I do understand that nobody can force anybody to show up and that businesses don't make decisions lightly, but it felt to me like there was very little in the way of useful stuff and way too many purveyors of travels that I'll never be able to afford. Nobody was selling anything that I just HAD to take home or that even got me very excited (or even made me want to take a second look). In fact, I would have loved to have bought a new helmet after the abuse that mine suffered on the way to the rally, but of the few available, nothing fit both my head and my sense of taste.

I found two must-have items at the vendors: new mesh riding pants and new summer mesh gloves. I also got some sleeves (to wet down in hot weather) from LD comfort. That is what I needed. I didn't see Moto Lights, or anybody with a TPMS system which seemed a bit strange. But on-line buying does cut a bit into vendor travels and displays.

Did you wind up liking the sleeves? I scored a pair of them as a door-prize years ago. To me they're OK in some climates, but in the right climate they help enough that I bought some more stuff from LDC that I have used many times.

Really well planned and executed rally. Best of the 8 or 9 I have attended. Music, food, vendors, camp space, etc. all very good. Just a quick note to friends that demonstrates this group's character... We were among the last to leave from the GS Giant camp area … even though there were no garbage cans in our sector… not a scrap of junk left behind. Good people at this rally.

IMG_7918.jpg

Did you wind up liking the sleeves? I scored a pair of them as a door-prize years ago. To me they're OK in some climates, but in the right climate they help enough that I bought some more stuff from LDC that I have used many times.

I do like the sleeves. I wore them through Wisconsin yesterday - temperatures in the low 90s with a heat index of 110 to 115. They work better when less humid but worked well yesterday nonetheless. I do have an LD Comfort shirt, and shorts and tights too. These are really good quality riding garments.

They work well in cool weather(60's) under a mesh jacket when you expect the temp's to warm up quickly. they'll keep you comfy.

That's a good video, but I think it was taken Friday, or maybe Thursday. There are no chairs at the closing ceremony site, and there seems to be more empty spaces between tents than I recall.

A search on Youtube for "Das Rally" turned up few more videos, but not the one I was curious about.

One of the best!

Having attended all the eastern rallies in the past 10 years, the Hamburg facility was logistically superior in all regards.
From the speed of registration, to the layout of the "village", to the shuttle service, all stellar. I even won a door prize, and accosted the Wolfman vendor with my gratitude.

Thanks to all the volunteers that made his happen, great work!

The weather was great (sorry to the early Wed nite arrivals, who had to weather the storm).

Oh, that drone caught me on camera walking around my tent :)

Neat, with just a smidge of creepy....

Great venue but for those of us camping, more toilets and portable sinks (like you've had in prior rallies) would have been great.

My wife and I enjoyed this rally very much

(Although she may have been the sidecar driver mentioned earlier). But we took it all in stride.

If we had any knit-picks, it would have been about food vendor options, specifically in regard to breakfast. I wish that we had heard about the nearby diner. I wonder if there is a way to make that information available in the app that we down-loaded? Speaking of the new app; which I thought was a great idea, btw, it would have been nice if it had more details about the bands and events in the schedule, rather than just the times/locations of the seminars. But as I said, those were very minor things

All in all, we had a great time visiting upstate NY again, seeing all of our many friends and watching/enjoying the many things and people to see and talk to.

Scott & Chris C

Back