• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Daily Ride To Survive - Atlanta

Hello. Well it has taken quite some time to pull things together once again in yet another new direction. My wife and I are now embarking on a new event program to raise funds for brain tumor research, brain cancer and brain injury here in Atlanta and across the country.

We would welcome your support and help too. The first event is scheduled at Cartersville Harley Davidson on July 16th. We also have the closing signature event scheduled for October 9th at White Water in Marietta.

We have two new websites that are live as of this am.

http://www.DailyRideToSurvive.org
http://www.DailyDriveToSurvive.org

We have moved our cars, motorcycles and coffee program to include as many automobile and motorcycle owners/drivers/riders as possible as we believe that is how we will together make a serious dent in brain tumor research. Not everyone is a runner, walker, or relayer. Many of us are automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts but so many of us drive every day. ThatÔÇÖs why we have decided to move to the Daily Drive To Survive.

Those of you who know me, know that I won't give up easily and consider myself a survivor in spite of all the twists, turns, potholes, citations, and blown gaskets there have been along the road trying to make this all happen. This year my wife and I believe it will finally come together. Atlanta is the beginning and the vision is that it will become important across the country.

Close friends have told me that I look good in pink. Wendy has been an SGK supporter for many years since her Mom passed away of breast cancer and bone marrow cancer. She's the runner in the family. I am not on the couch. While she runs I'm in the garage looking for a 10mm box wrench.

Having and knowing firsthand the experience of getting through a brain tumor, the changes it brings to career, family and life besides that an Acoustic Neuroma will leave you deaf in the ear itÔÇÖs located and with less than desirable balance, my valves are still ticking. I'm lucky. It was benign. Others are not so lucky.

My response to them was ÔÇ£Grey Matters More Than You Think!ÔÇØ

So here we are. Please join us at the new websites. Let everyone know what we and you are doing to help. If you are available and interested in volunteering please use the Volunteer Match link on the websites. It would be good to see plenty of beemers there.

The ÔÇÖ84 R100RS is in the garage on a trickle charger and has been for some time. The master cylinder is bound. It is too dangerous to ride not only due to the master cylinder, but also due to me being deaf in one ear which comes with its own set of challenges and the risks associated with riding here in Atlanta traffic. Never mind the balance issues or the parallax vision while driving or riding.

IÔÇÖll get to it when I have time, however this important project has required all of my time and it has become my lifeÔÇÖs work. It is very important to me and I am sure to those who need help and who are also struggling with the havoc a brain tumor wreaks upon your family and your life. I also believe that everything happens for a reason and that's why I am here and doing this. It has taken a lot to get here and there is so far yet to travel before we finally arrive.

My wife and I would sincerely appreciate your help to make this a success together this year.

Thank you.

Ron

BMWMOA
www.ronsbmwr100rs.com

Ron Rizzi
President
Executive Director
Atlanta, Georgia

Cars And Coffee?« For A Worthy Cause, Inc.
Georgia Non-Profit Corporation
Federal IRS Recognized 501 c3
27-0697764

Cars And Coffee?«, Inc.
Georgia Non-Profit Corporation
26-2252277

www.CarsAndCoffeeForAWorthyCause.org
www.CarsAndCoffee.Us
www.CarsAndCoffee.com

email address:
ron.rizzi@att.net

Direct Telephone: