• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CANbus "friendly" LEDs - 2005 R1200 ST

mschack

So, it has been a while since I upgraded my rear indicator lights with the LED panels from

http://www.advdesigns.com/weiser.html

and yesterday I installed the replacement LED bulbs for the front indicators from

http://www.dynamicmotorrad.com

All I can say is this. Very bright, super easy to install AND no CANbus "arguments". Yes, the fronts are a bit expensive, but I am now very visible when turning. I would include pictures but its tough capturing a flashing LED. The web pages illustrate pretty much what I am getting in terms of visibility.

If only all of the accessories that we buy would be so easy to install and meet the expectations.

:dance

i have the DynamicMotoradd LED blinkers front and rear without any CANBUS issue and i also have the DM HID in all three of the headlights on my 2013 RT...no issues there either....:)

Nope, these are not the Walmart variety . . . tried those and was greatly disappointed. Finally, decided to spend the dollars and I am very, very satisfied. Sometimes you just have to spend the bucks. :thumb

i have the DynamicMotoradd LED blinkers front and rear without any CANBUS issue and i also have the DM HID in all three of the headlights on my 2013 RT...no issues there either....:)

So, I was wondering, how much room do the HID lights take? I don't have much space in my headlight cavity. :scratch

So, I was wondering, how much room do the HID lights take? I don't have much space in my headlight cavity. :scratch

VERY little space...the ballast is quite small and is about 2" in diamter and about 3/4" thick and it mounts to the cover after boring a hole with the supplied boring bit....you should do the boring on a drill press for best results...

on my RT i actually pulled the headlight assy to make the job easier and i needed to repair a broken bulb socket....

wyman

VERY little space...the ballast is quite small and is about 2" in diamter and about 3/4" thick and it mounts to the cover after boring a hole with the supplied boring bit....you should do the boring on a drill press for best results...

on my RT i actually pulled the headlight assy to make the job easier and i needed to repair a broken bulb socket....

wyman

Thank You !!!

Back