• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bursig Center-Lift Motorcycle Stand Review

moshe_levy

All-

Tune in to find out how this innovative Bursig Center-Lift Motorcycle Stand allows for 1 handed lifting and lowering, making servicing chores a little easier than some traditional stands we're all used to.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/19spQ4sirT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-MKL

Nice Looking stand but, when I was in the market, they didn't have an adapter for the '16 RT.

I went with the ABBA Skylift which, I feel, is more useful - but also more expensive. You can raise the bike higher in either wheelie, stoppie, or horizontal positions.

Ski
20170315_170707.jpg

The only nit that I have to pick with the stand is that it's hard to get the swing arm attachments lined up on the bike due to the low height of the swing arm pivot. I've found that parking the bike with the rear wheel on a piece of 2x6 , with the transmission set into first gear (keeps the bike from rolling off the 2x6) solves the issue and makes it easy to get the bike mounted on the stand.

Oh, one even more minor caution. The RT kit comes with a plastic cylindrical block that fits inside the rear wheel hub and allows you to utilize a strap to achieve either horizontal or wheelie mounting positions (no strap needed for stoppie position). I've had a couple instances where I worked on the bike, went for a ride, and found the plastic cylinder laying in the street about 4 houses down from mine when I return - I keep forgetting to take it out when I'm done :banghead maybe I need to attach a tether to it.

Ski

Stoppie Position
20170315_171848.jpg

Back