• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW tank bag strap repair

ldcleve

BMWBOY1100
The elastic straps on the front of the BMW Multi Vario tank bag stretch and deteriorate over time. I replaced mine at home without issue by first cutting the elastic from where it is stitched to the bag, then cutting the leather connecting the metal hook to the elastic. I used a 9" long by 1" wide strip of elastic for each side. (My wife had this in her sewing room and uses it as waistband elastic.) I looped it through the metal hook, pierced it with an awl, drilled a hole in the bag, and attached with a black anodized allen head screw, using a hole blank (available at Loew's) with nut and washer on the inside. It took me longer to thnk of it than to do it, most of the time is assembling the materials - elastic strap, screw, nut, washer, and hole blank. I also put plastic nipples on the end of the bolt from Loew's, to keep the screw end from damaging the tank bag contents.

Attachments

• 100_1422.jpg
    100_1422.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 100_1423.jpg
    100_1423.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 643
Back