• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Billings motorcyclist topping 130 mph avoids arrest in high-speed chase

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
This will not end well.....

http://helenair.com/news/state-and-...cle_bd3c0301-0ba8-5999-83fe-68e0b2b024cc.html

BILLINGS -- A motorcyclist speeding in excess of 130 mph avoided arrest Thursday night after a high-speed pursuit from the Montana Highway Patrol.

It was the second time Thursday an MHP trooper encountered the male motorcyclist.

MHP Trooper Eli Wolfe spotted the man, described as wearing a green shirt, red gloves and a black helmet and riding a black motorcycle, sometime after 8 p.m. Thursday.

Wolfe began a pursuit after the motorcyclist passed him going in excess of 120 mph heading eastbound on I-90 near mile-marker 452. He ended the pursuit after the motorcyclist took Exit 455 onto Johnson Lane. Wolfe spotted the motorcyclist again, parked at the Johnson Lane underpass. The motorcyclist gave Wolfe the middle finger before heading beneath the underpass, at which point Wolfe began pursuit again. Heading eastbound on Johnson Lane, Wolfe said the motorcyclist made several illegal passes of vehicles, including a semi-truck, before guardrail-passing vehicles along Exit 452. Wolfe lost sight of the motorcyclist as he was headed west on US Highway 87 North toward the Dick Johnson Bridge.

Earlier Thursday, MHP Trooper Michelle Frost saw a man matching the motorcyclist’s description about 6 p.m. as she approached the North 27th Street eastbound off-ramp. The motorcyclist gave Frost the middle finger. "I knew what he was doing, taunting me,” Frost said. “I didn’t have any other reason to stop him besides he was flipping me off.”

Wolfe said the motorcycle didn't appear to have tags. Neither trooper was able to make out the model of the vehicle, but Frost said it might have been a sport bike.

Over the course of his pursuit, Wolfe said his vehicle reached 125 mph. He said though MHP wants motorists to obey the law, catching someone during a high speed chase isn’t always a good thing. “Catching them usually means that they’ve crashed,” Wolfe said. “If someone crashes at that speed, they aren’t going to have a second chance.”

130 mph? I thought that was the speed limit in Montana!

I think the speed was initially a concern (seems a Crown Vic(?) couldn't catch him) but then he gave the universal "contempt of cop" sign...the upraised middle finger. Things weren't good thereafter...

John,
I thought the upraised middle finger was the biker salute? Every time I make this gesture towards another biker I always get a friendly return salute. Am I missing something?

If you read the comments on the article you may even get more depressed. One apparently did not read the article, or believes that 120mph is not a offence that warrants an arrest. The other must think that any biker who eats does not break the law...

John,
I thought the upraised middle finger was the biker salute? Every time I make this gesture towards another biker I always get a friendly return salute. Am I missing something?

That's only recognized by the outlaw bikers; HAs, Mongols, Vagos, and so on. They will quickly and enthusiastically respond to your gesture of brotherhood.
:whistle

Best,
DG

That's only recognized by the outlaw bikers; HAs, Mongols, Vagos, and so on. They will quickly and enthusiastically respond to your gesture of brotherhood.

Best,
DG

As my call sign in combat was outlaw or renegade, I guess I'm in good company. Hells angels, 3rd pursuit squadron flying tigers. Most of the calls signs are still active in the MC's.

I'm just kidding about the biker salute, I never flip anyone off, except once in jest, to the president of the Alabama club when I pulled into the February meeting this year and his welcome was, "You think you got on enough yella?" We In the Alabama club, were such a bunch of Rebels.

As my call sign in combat was outlaw or renegade, I guess I'm in good company. Hells angels, 3rd pursuit squadron flying tigers. Most of the calls signs are still active in the MC's.

I'm just kidding about the biker salute, I never flip anyone off, except once in jest, to the president of the Alabama club when I pulled into the February meeting this year and his welcome was, "You think you got on enough yella?" We In the Alabama club, were such a bunch of Rebels.

All that reminds me of an old funny thread from Bubba Z

OM

Best,
DG

And everyone who visits ADVRider and recognizes the meaning of FYYFF.

And everyone who visits ADVRider and recognizes the meaning of FYYFF.

None of you were ever young or young at heart. None of you ever tested your top speed on the bike.

How many of you blow out the cobwebs once and a while. Pretty much impossible at legal speeds. I hear our beemers run real smooth after that.

Rod

Back