• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike-to-Bike Comm

I think if you took out the hearing aids and put in so ear buds it will work out better! That's what I do anyway. I'm trying out a pair of plugfones and like them. S plug is popular too.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I have profound hearing loss. Even in the most quiet of environments, I literally cannot hear ear buds or air pods.

I am nearly completely deaf without my hearing aids. To be honest, I wouldn't risk riding without them -- I would not ride. From emergencies to getting pulled over -- such situations could be unpleasant as a deaf person. Even with my hearing aids, I wouldn't understand much in a "pulled over" situation -- but enough to communicate, hopefully.

But with my hearing aids I can chat with my wife on our weekend rides, unless there is a serious headwind or we are 60+ miles per hour. I'm used to her voice so what I don't hear / understand, I can extrapolate. And she is used to my hearing loss so knows how to communicate with me.

Regardless, I love having bike-to-bike communication. It makes our rides much more enjoyable.

Edit: When Apple Air Pods first came out, I quickly bought them...only to find out that I could hear nothing thru them (since I had to take out my hearing aids). I spent a little time with some people from Apple development...and was pleased to see some of what we found / discussed was incorporated into iOS. As such, I have much better control over my hearing due to Apple's hearing aid integration / control. But I'll never be able to use Air Pods.

Back