• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best year R1150RT again, please

chrisinsc

I believe the best bike for using as a cycling motoref bike might be an 1150 RTP but I need the best year again for this model.

A 2008-09 RTP would also work but the 1150 might be a bunch cheaper for the purpose as a 2nd bike. I have a 2006RT and am on the hunt for a gearbox from an RPT to swap in as the low first gear is probably not a big deal for everyday use and especially for 2 up loaded touring.

The police bike though has the larger alternator and a 2nd battery already and for running radios and other doo dads it seems a good choice. I also have an older 1100 I could use to convert back to RT in the rear for a passenger etc.

Anyway, interested in people's thoughts. My F650 would work in the role but its really a pain machine to blast down the slab at 80 plus to get to the venues etc. Dont want to trailer if I can avoid it.

Back