• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Back from the Blue Ridge

mieczkow

Tom Mieczkowski
Just completed my trip and "meet-up" on the Blue Ridge. An old friend drove his Ducati ST2 down from Motown and I drove the K75S north from St. Petersburg and we met at the Alpine Inn in Little Switzerland. Did some local driving along the parkway and a few side roads. On my way up I took 176 north out of Anderson S. Carolina and found that to be a really nice ride. The weather was a little chilly for a Florida boy, and the day we departed we had drizzle and fog. The ride home was mostly slab as I needed to get back quickly.

As always Sue and Ron at the Alpine Inn were great. The bike ran like a demon and although I hit rain and some relative cold all my gear held up well - kept me pretty warm and dry. I have a Tourmaster Intake jacket, FirstGear riding pants, and a Tourmaster Elite rainsuit. No problems! We're already looking forward to next year as we have decided to make this an annual trek....

To all who gave advice and suggestions, thanks. We had a great trip.

Back