• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Attention Spot Messenger and Bubbler GPS Users! SpotWalla Location Page is set up!!

IBA# 5819
I thought it would be fun to be able to visualize participants as they converge to the Rally site from all parts of the US. Its also great for the folks at home to see where you are: Mom...Pop...Kids...Grandkids...etc.
So I asked our friends at SpotWalla to create a Location page for us (www.spotwalla.com) for The Rally.

For those of you who don't know what Spotwalla is: "SpotWalla allows you to share where you've been and where you're going with no one or with the world. That means you have control over the degree to which your personal and private location information is visible.
SpotWalla users share their location information via trips, location pages and device location widgets. Trips can be viewed directly and/or embedded into your blog or a forum post. Location pages allow multiple users to share their last known location on a single page. And the device location widgets allow users to share their last known location on a single page. Easily integrated into a blog or forum post or in an email"

There is more detailed info on the SpotWalla home page...please familiarize yourself with it especially how to enable and disable the "secure zones"

SpotWalla receives its location information from various types of GPS Messenger devices and/or services; most commonly "Spot brand Satellite Messengers" (www.findmespot.com). These messengers cost about $100 and require an annual subscription. These particular units are popular within the LD Riding Community for Rally tracking etc.

However, if you have an Android phone, you may already have this capability built into your GPS function. Its usually called a Location Service and needs to be active. If you use your phone as I do, a free Android app is also needed and is called "Bubbler GPS". This is the one I use.

If you want to participate, you'll need:
A SpotWalla account....easy to create and set up.
A sending device (either your phone, or a Spot Messenger) which will need to be synced with SpotWalla

Here is the link to the "view" page: https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=247

Here is the link to the "join" page: https://spotwalla.com/join.php?a=a&id=247

Here is a link of a good example of a location page from the recent Team Strange Butt-lite 7 Rally: https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=245

The "active" dates are July 20th through July 31. There is nothing to see yet.

The join password, BMWMOA2014, is case-sensitive

Have fun!

Joe P

Last edited:
done

I run a spot all the time.. this should be cool.. im registered as TEX.. coming from from................. you guessed it TEXAS! on Wednesday.:nyah :groovy

I signed up. Tag is KWM. Departing east TN on Monday morning and heading to St. Louis where I will ride the river to St. Paul. Can't wait!

I signed up. Tag is KWM. Departing east TN on Monday morning and heading to St. Louis where I will ride the river to St. Paul. Can't wait!

If you can, cross over to the Wisconsin side and come up WI 35....much nicer road with some great views!

Joe

That's the planned route.

Thanks!

Cool. If you want, when you get to the LaCrosse area, hang a right (East) on WI 16 for a few miles. Then head North on WI 108....affectionately known as The Wisconsin "mini" Dragon. That will take you through the famous "Mindoro Cut" as well as to Top Dawgs Burgers (108 different kinds) on your right, across from the EMS Station. Getting back to WI 35 is easy from there.

Have fun!

Joe

Cool. If you want, when you get to the LaCrosse area, hang a right (East) on WI 16 for a few miles. Then head North on WI 108....affectionately known as The Wisconsin "mini" Dragon. That will take you through the famous "Mindoro Cut" as well as to Top Dawgs Burgers (108 different kinds) on your right, across from the EMS Station. Getting back to WI 35 is easy from there.

Have fun!

Joe

Thanks. Just added the "Mindoro Cut" to my route.

Should be a great ride.

Back