• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

armor for BMW venting machine pants

jimbem

I recently bought a used pair of BMW Venting Machine pants to go with the same model jacket I have. They came without the knee and hip armor . Because the price was so good i bought them anyway thinking my dealer would be able to order new armor for me. Turns out BMW stopped offering these pants a long time ago and buying the armor separately is not an option.
So I am asking if someone has an idea where I can still get these armor pads or what aftermarket pads people would suggest. I looked alittle online already and all I see are one piece pads for the hips and these pants have 2 pockets for hip pads on each side.
We winter in Florida so they will get used this winter. But I would much prefer wearing them with the pads than without. Thanks for any help

I would take them into a local Cycle Gear and see what they have and just try to see what fits. Knee should be easy. Hip armor might be a bit harder.

I have a full set of D3O armour that I removed from my Klim Latitude gear when I upgraded the armour..would it fit your gear?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...der-elbow-knee-protectors-rv30?sku_id=1129081

I've upgraded both jackets and the klim summer pants with the above level 1. Very pliable, I had to trim the shoulder armor a tad to fit. Beats the junk that many jackets/pants come with that level 1 styrofoam thick armor.

Easy enough to trim about all the armor from my experience. Measure the armor pockets, look online for armor that's close or fits. If need be trim a little and go ride.

Back