• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone tried retro-fitting TPMS onto an F800

SGTBILL

The Big Red One
All: I am thinking of undertaking a retrofit attempt with the F800ST my wife bought earlier in the year. Anyone ever tried this? Any tips or lessons learned?

TIA.

You'll need the dealer to reprogram the computer to use the TPMS. When I had my F800S, my TPMS had to be replaced, and it did not work until I took it back and they reprogrammed the computer. I had to wait until they got the disk in, as well.

I seriously considered doing a retrofit also... but the master mechanic at my local dealership did not express a lot of confidence in being able to add the option to the bike and get it to be "accepted" by the system.

He also noted that the batteries in the sensors are NOT replaceable and when they die (after 3 - 5 years he said) the sensor needed to be replaced for a cost of $180 + labor which would not be cheap since you have to dismount/remount the tire and reprogram the system...

At that point I started looking at the keyfob type sensor systems... :laugh

Like these:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/tiregard-wireless-tpms/

I'd love to have the tire pressure monitor integrated into the OBC system but .... I have waved it off for now anyway....

After I picked up two nails in on two different rear tires within a 3 month time frame I decided it was time to check into a TPM system. I purchased the TireGard system about a month ago and I am satisfied with the purchase. It is easy to set up and I have found the tire pressure read outs to be fairly accurate. It may not be as good as the factory installed system but I do have some peace of mind riding down the road and being able to know if I have a tire going down.

Back