• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A new way to spread fraud spam?

AZ-J

Riding where it's hot!
I just rec'd this email and suspect it is the latest redo of the Nigerian contest one.

Your take on this?

BMW HOUSE CANADA SQUARE
LONDON E14 5NN.,
UNITED KINGDOM.

Our Ref: BMW/25513500DS
Your Ref:

Dear Email Address Owner,

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company wishes to congratulates you (your company) on your success as the STAR PRIZE WINNER in this year (2009) BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP).You have been approved to receive a total sum of six hundred and fifty thousand (650,000) British pounds sterling. The selection process was carried out through random selection in our Computerized Email Selection System (C.E.S.S.) from a database of over a million email addresses from the World Wide Web. Each email address was attached to a ticket number and your email address with ticket number:
TK/5647600545 and serial number: B/556543 was randomly selected as the star prize winner amongst other consolation prize winners.

For you to collect your winning sum, kindly fill the verification form below and send it to our paying Bank (ALLIANCE LEICESTER COMMERCIAL BANK UK) Contact Mr.
James Robert Walker the unit prize manager through email or phone, stating your receipt of this notification and quoting the details below.

Contact paying Bank Below
Alliance Leicester Commercial Bank UK
Contact Person: Mr. James Robert Walker (BMW prize allocation unit manager)
Email: leicesterbankuk0@yahoo.com.hk
Fax: :+447092842790
Phone:+447045719325

VERIFICATION FORM:
1.) FULL NAMES:
2.) AGE:
3.) SEX:
4.) COUNTRY:
5.) PHONE(S):
6.)EMAIL ADDRESS:
7.) TICKET NUMBER:
8.) SERIAL NUMBER:

Congratulations once again from all members and staff of this program. keep trusting BMW Automobile for top quality automobiles.

Yours faithfully,
Engr.ONO Sarah
(President and CEO, BMW-Brilliance Automotive,PRC) DIRECTOR OF PROMOTIONS

---------------------------------------------------------
Este mensaje ha sido enviado desde WebMail UNR usando IMP​

It came from this email address which is also suspicious: BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY [estudiantil@unr.edu.ar]

And the subject: Winning Confirmation Letter From BMW Promo!!!

Fraud? Real? I say the former. You?

Oh thank heavens!! When I first saw the topic of this thread I thought someone was messing with America's favorite food.

Thanks all, I not only thought it was fake, I thought it was funny as well because I own a BMW M/C and belong to this great association some 28 or 29 years.

But seeing the postings here I find this hysterical!

I got one this morning from a "master sergeant U.S. Marine" in Iraq offering to share a boat load of cash with me. How did I know it was a fake? He claimed to be fighting with the U.S. ARMY. :usa

I recently ran a parts wanted ad (on both MOA and IBMWR) looking for a stock front strut for a R1100R. In addition to the legit responses, I received 5, supposedly from London, advising they had the part and to send money only by Western Union. So it looks as if the Nigeria scammers have realized it is time to relocate. I wonder where next?
regards,
Mark

Back