• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A big Thank You to all

I bought my first BMW motorcycle, a 1998 R1100R Anniversary Edition three years ago. It had 34k kms. on it, very low mileage, and in great shape. Since them I have done a lot of maintenance, with great help from this community.. I installed Spielger brake lines, rear brake pads, all fluids, the fuel filter, valve adjustment, tb sync with a homemade manometer, Tills.de injectors, Odyssey battery, after-market starter and other work.
I really appreciate the support from this community, and GSAddict for his professional HES rebuild.
My bike is running super sweet. Zero surging, I can buzz around at 3500 rpm + and it is smooth, and the mid-range punch is great.
Truly the best bike I have ever owned.
Thank you to the community here.
R110R_yard_cropsmall.jpg

So - Enjoy it!
Get out there this summer and take it to places you've never been. Get out your Atlas, and think of some interesting places to go. We will be doing the Iron Butt's National Parks Tour - soon... DO THE BEST YOU CAN! http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/

CIAO! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :drink

I bought my first BMW motorcycle, a 1998 R1100R Anniversary Edition three years ago. It had 34k kms. on it, very low mileage, and in great shape. Since them I have done a lot of maintenance, with great help from this community.. I installed Spielger brake lines, rear brake pads, all fluids, the fuel filter, valve adjustment, tb sync with a homemade manometer, Tills.de injectors, Odyssey battery, after-market starter and other work.
I really appreciate the support from this community, and GSAddict for his professional HES rebuild.
My bike is running super sweet. Zero surging, I can buzz around at 3500 rpm + and it is smooth, and the mid-range punch is great.
View attachment 78879
Nice bike!

It is great to hear from someone who is enjoying their ride. Nice looking R1100R. Continue to enjoy it.

Always thought this would be a great starting point for a nice sidecar rig. Nice ride.

View attachment 78879

I'm looking to replace the windshield on my R1100R and admiring the one on your motorcycle. Can you provide the make and model of your windscreen?

Sidecar rig????

Always thought this would be a great starting point for a nice sidecar rig. Nice ride.

Be totally aware that sidecars are SO DIFFERENT FROM MOTORCYCLES, that extremely experienced riders have their first sidecar crash in 75 feet!!!!!! Motorcycles counter steer. Turn left and you go right. (Don’t believe Me???? Very empty parking lot and try it.). SIDE CARS turn left and you go left. That’s the exact opposite of what you have been doing for years on a motorcycle. And they there is the mass on the side that pulls you right when accelerating and pushes you left when braking. Sidecars are OK, but there is a HUGE LEARNING CURVE involved for motorcyclists. If you go that route, move slowly.

Davidsc,
The windshield is stock BMW for that year.
I also have the stock silver dry bag with the scuba-suit zipper as the trunk bag, and the stock tank bag.
Here's a pic:
r1100r 4.JPG

Back