• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

98 R1100R aftermarket exhaust

Every winter I almost pull the trigger on a Dominator or a GPR exhaust. (is that the only options? I know Staintune is out of business and Akropovic does not list 1100's)
I wish my bike had a little more bark to it.
Not a lot, I certainly am not looking for neighbor-haters, just a little more than the "gentlemanly" stock, heavy set up.

Talk me out of it... or talk me into it
comments welcome

Thank you for your time

For every rider that likes a bike with some “bark” there are probably 50 non-riders that will be at least somewhat irritated by it. True, some may be overly sensitive to noise, but why not at least try to be considerate of others?

Just looking at their websites, Dominator and GPR look loud... At least the Staintunes were tunable.
Maybe modify an Akro? You'd need to examine the hangar bracket and the pipe's inlet...

I had a Staintune on my first RS. High quality, high dollar system, but NLA. If I could find a used one, I’d put it on my R1100RS. Nice sound, but not obnoxious
hey just in case you may be interested, i replaced my std exaust on my 2000 r1100rt complete , installed a dominstor assy first ride burnt hole in bottom of pannier made bracket to slightly lower pipe end little too loud for me so ordered db killer with end blocked off still a bit too loud so cut a ring off original db killer to cover 2 rows of holes , much better, very little or no surging or popping on overrun very pleased with result ,i wear ear plugs and can only hear the deep pleasant hum of the boxer , and for little cost i highly recomend this mod , too cold to take pics but will if anyone wishes to see the result and the modified db killer, jimmy,

Man, if you can find a used Staintune, they are totally worth it. Got one for my R850R and it sounds great.

I have seen that Delkevic still makes pipes for 1150's, which would likely fit the same, and they make quieter varieties based on the length of the muffler. Thought about getting one for my RT.

I,ve got a stock muffler that has holes drilled in the back end. This came on a bike I no longer have. It is louder. you can have it cheap.

I installed a Black Widow exhaust system on a 2004 R1150R and didn’t like the sound so I went back to stock. I bought a 2003 R1150 RT that had a Remus installed. It sounded good but didn’t run very well so I returned it to stock and it ran much better.

Back