• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

40s in MN, not a BMW on the road!

Winter ride.

Gorgeous day here in Des Moines, Iowa today. Went out for a one hour ride. Great fun on my 'ol '78 RS. Tomorrow more of the same, so another ride! Thursday the weather folk are predicting the return of winter, so I am enjoying while I can.

Kinda chilly last couple of days. highs in the low 50's. supposed to warm up for the rest of the week. calling for 74 degrees on Friday:clap which is great because we are leaving for Daytona about 8:00am.

February 25.

Two rides today here in Iowa! Looks like the return of winter tomorrow, so happy to get those rides in! Twenty miles on my 'ol '78 RS and twenty two on my '94 RSL. Both are running okay but.....need a little attention. Checked the oil and air yesterday. The '78 was spoutin' a little gear oil out of the "relief valve" today due to cold condition, stopped after a short period. '94 missed a little but smoothed out upon a little addition of Iso Heet (water in the gas). Nice day; now I can stand a little more winter. I'll have to!

Back