• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 r1250gs or wait for r1300gs come this november?

motor4

Don't know if bmw will sweeten the offers, after 6/30/23, on the remaining 2023 GS models as we move towards end of September. If so maybe I will consider one else will wait for the R1300GS to be released.

Did like the looks of this Adventure GS Low :) plus the black rims look nice and an expandable vario top case was sweet I thought. Will cost around $24k, excluding top case, before other fees.

It has the premium, style gs and lights packages. I am only 5'9" with 30" inseam and standard GS are simply too tall for my liking thus hoping I would not be giving up too much by getting a Low model. I would not plan to do any off road dirt riding, just thinking a base GS is less plastic vs an RT and my days riding out of State might be long since over...at least during this darn hot summer months (live in Florida).

So, better to stick with what we know and go with a 2023 model else hope they still have some 2023 GS bikes left over come end of September or wait for the new 1300 engine? It seems the R1300GS changes are really nice. Probably will be selling my 2019 Goldwing tour DCT with airbag if I get the GS. Figure I will post that on FB Marketplace for like $23k and see if I get any bits.

Strange to some maybe, though I might like the shift assist pro over the DCT. Mostly due to still having a clutch for low speed turns and such. Hoping the boxer engine and transmission on a 2023 GS will be sweet. Have a 2021 R18FE and a 05 R1200RT presently so far as bmws go and really like the sound and feel of my 05 engine...the rattles and other sounds came extra on it for free back then.

Attachments

• 20230629_143028.jpg
    20230629_143028.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Don't know if bmw will sweeten the offers, after 6/30/23, on the remaining 2023 GS models as we move towards end of September. If so maybe I will consider one else will wait for the R1300GS to be released.

Did like the looks of this Adventure GS Low :) plus the black rims look nice and an expandable vario top case was sweet I thought. Will cost around $24k, excluding top case, before other fees.

It has the premium, style gs and lights packages. I am only 5'9" with 30" inseam and standard GS are simply too tall for my liking thus hoping I would not be giving up too much by getting a Low model. I would not plan to do any off road dirt riding, just thinking a base GS is less plastic vs an RT and my days riding out of State might be long since over...at least during this darn hot summer months (live in Florida).

So, better to stick with what we know and go with a 2023 model else hope they still have some 2023 GS bikes left over come end of September or wait for the new 1300 engine? It seems the R1300GS changes are really nice. Probably will be selling my 2019 Goldwing tour DCT with airbag if I get the GS. Figure I will post that on FB Marketplace for like $23k and see if I get any bits.

Strange to some maybe, though I might like the shift assist pro over the DCT. Mostly due to still having a clutch for low speed turns and such. Hoping the boxer engine and transmission on a 2023 GS will be sweet. Have a 2021 R18FE and a 05 R1200RT presently so far as bmws go and really like the sound and feel of my 05 engine...the rattles and other sounds came extra on it for free back then.

I suspect once the 1300 is out the 1250's will be reduced if even a little. I am already seeing better pricing on in stock 2023's now. But it depends on what you want. For me I am happy with the 1250 at a discount once the 1300 is out. I don't feel the need to have the latest and greatest but rather the bike that puts the biggest smile on my face. I bought my 2018 GS as a leftover when the 1250's came out and got a killer deal! Thousands off list and IT was the bike I wanted. Hope this helps.

Hope that is the case.

I am considering replacing my 2016 RT with a 2023 RT and already seeing prices on in stock bikes softening. I would think if the 1300 gets released that would further support the need for dealers to exit the 1250 inventory. But we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck with your search.

I suspect once the 1300 is out the 1250's will be reduced if even a little. I am already seeing better pricing on in stock 2023's now. But it depends on what you want. For me I am happy with the 1250 at a discount once the 1300 is out. I don't feel the need to have the latest and greatest but rather the bike that puts the biggest smile on my face. I bought my 2018 GS as a leftover when the 1250's came out and got a killer deal! Thousands off list and IT was the bike I wanted. Hope this helps.

I've seen the opposite happen with short supplies. A new model is coming and BMW scales back deliveries of the previous model and demand ramps up for buyers that want "the proven" model. Dealers have less motivation for discounting, unless BMW offers some kind of rebate or discount. Looking back over my years of BMW purchases - the best discounts I've negotiated have happened in the off season - November/December in the northeast US - even with new models.

I've seen the opposite happen with short supplies. A new model is coming and BMW scales back deliveries of the previous model and demand ramps up for buyers that want "the proven" model. Dealers have less motivation for discounting, unless BMW offers some kind of rebate or discount. Looking back over my years of BMW purchases - the best discounts I've negotiated have happened in the off season - November/December in the northeast US - even with new models.

I can only speak for dealers in the southeast but they are pretty full with inventory. But agree on your end of model year discounts. That was what I was suggesting ... if the new model is say a 2024 and in September or October they have the older models they have usually been some good deals. I bought my last 3 BMW as leftover model years in Sept or Oct and in one instance the following April. In all cases when I factor in the BMW discount and my dealer discount I have saved thousands off the MSRP sticker price. I guess it also depends on the dealer as well. The best I did was when the 2019 "1250's" were being released and I was buying a 2018 "1200" GS ... got a killer deal. So many BMW guys want the latest and greatest hot new product which usually benefits me. Since I keep my bikes about 8 years it really does not matter much to me from a resale value either.

I too am approximately the same size as the OP and my 2020 GSA low works surprisingly well for me. I really wasn't in the market for a new bike, but my dealer got this bike on a trade in and I got to take a peek at it before it hit the showroom floor. I loved the look and feel of it, and then I rode it. It was done deal at that point. I was hooked on the new shiftcam engine. I didn't and don't care about what's in the wings, this bike is just what I've been looking for without even knowing it.:buds

Last edited:

Certainly wasn't true when the 2020 1250RTs were in stock but the 2021's hadn't been seen yet. BMW offered 0% financing and no payments for 90 days. At that time (August 2020) it was not known for sure whether the 2021's would have TFT or not but BMW was flushing the inventory and deals were VERY good.

This was in the Northeast US (Max BMW is my dealer in NH) but the 0% financing was from BMW Finance itself so I assume valid across the country.

Just another data point.

I also saved a lot of money buying my 17.5 GS as a leftover. I got a great deal on bags and an extra fob at the same time.

While I have my to die with bike, if I was younger and lusted for new, I would buy a leftover. So if getting of my 1200 was something I needed, I would opt for a leftover 1250 GS.

As always a new motor is going to have teething issues. Nothing is going to be 100% first time out.

Not sure other then displacement what more a 1300 brings to the table over a 1250? I just am not one to want or need the latest. There is a mental cost to brand new stuff, and as I age I know I have no patience for it.

We used to say, it is nice to have cutting edge technology, just not fun to have bleeding edge technology.

Certainly wasn't true when the 2020 1250RTs were in stock but the 2021's hadn't been seen yet. BMW offered 0% financing and no payments for 90 days. At that time (August 2020) it was not known for sure whether the 2021's would have TFT or not but BMW was flushing the inventory and deals were VERY good.

This was in the Northeast US (Max BMW is my dealer in NH) but the 0% financing was from BMW Finance itself so I assume valid across the country.

Just another data point.

Things are different today for sure. My dealer's website shows 103 new BMW in stock, 11 are GS's !! Most offering 3.9% financing. Not as good as 0% but certainly a good rate. In addition some of the bikes are reduced from MSRP and not just R18's. Things are getting better for sure! I did not check their sister dealership but assume they have similar inventory.

Things are different today for sure. My dealer's website shows 103 new BMW in stock, 11 are GS's !! Most offering 3.9% financing. Not as good as 0% but certainly a good rate. In addition some of the bikes are reduced from MSRP and not just R18's. Things are getting better for sure! I did not check their sister dealership but assume they have similar inventory.

I was really surprised by that number - so I looked at my dealer and they have 378 across four stores! I'm betting with that kind of inventory they are dealing. I also noticed my bike is listed $3K higher than when I bought it last year. I didn't realize the price had gone up and $3K is quite a bit.

I was really surprised by that number - so I looked at my dealer and they have 378 across four stores! I'm betting with that kind of inventory they are dealing. I also noticed my bike is listed $3K higher than when I bought it last year. I didn't realize the price had gone up and $3K is quite a bit.
Yup I think theyā€™ll be dealing šŸ˜

Back