• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2009 Tennessee National Rally

2009 Charity Challenge

2009 Charity Challenge

Some of you may have seen the details of the Charity Challenge for this year on the website and soon in the ON. As your rally chair I thought it would be a good idea to share with you on the forum the challenge itself and what we hope to accomplish. Please look through the details and consider helping in any way you can to accomplish our goal.

What is that goal? For me it is to raise a huge ÔÇ£MountainÔÇØ of cash so that we can leave a very large footprint behind in our rally area this year. Your rally team and specifically your Charity committee chair Karol Patzer has worked hard to come up with a great charity to support along with several ways to raise money and have fun doing it!

If we do our job, the locals will feel the Mountain Magic that we will for having been there! Here is how it will work.

The Charity: The Coalition For Kids, Inc The Coalition is a non-profit organization with a mission to help children in need. Here they find a Safe Place, help with homework, reading and math assistance, music and art lessons, athletics, special preventive programs for violence and substance abuse, and a free snack and dinner.

How Can We Help???

Canned Food Drive: Bring with you to the rally a couple of canned food items. We will collect these in the Registration area and in the Country Store. I know we tend to pack heavy coming to the rallybut we can all make room for a couple of Cans For The Kids

Pull Tab Pull: We will collect the aluminum pull tabs from the soft drink and beer cans served in the Beer Garden. This will likely be a bunch of ÔÇÿem but we can add to the count significantly by collecting them starting NOW and bringing them with you to the rally! These will be given to the local Ronald McDonald House to support their housing program for kidsÔÇÖ families that are being treated in local hospitals. To date almost 5 million bucks have been raised from these tabs alone!

50/50: The old favorite! We will have our team selling 50/50 tickets around the grounds. Be sure to get your chance at a big pile of cash!

Dunking Booth: Yep a dunking booth. This is your chance to take your turn at ÔÇ£dunkingÔÇØ your Rally Chairs, Executive Director and your favorite Board members and do it for the kids! Be sure to look for the schedule of who will be in the ÔÇ£boothÔÇØ on Friday and Saturday. Bring your aim and a bunch of cash!

Games: We will have an area where you will be able to play and spend some leisure time with pool tables and other assorted games. Proceeds from this area will be donated directly to the charity!

Chartered Club Challenge: Many of you are aware that it has become tradition to challenge the MOA Chartered Clubs to raise money for the rally charity. Thanks to the Chain Gang for starting this challenge! Start now in your local club to raise money specifically to bring to the rally. LetÔÇÖs see which club can shine the brightest and raise the most money. Say your club is not a large one? Well, bring it on anyway and letÔÇÖs see who can contribute the highest average per member!

The point is that times are tough for all of us. But with each of us pulling together as a team this group can make a huge difference in the life of some deserving kids.

So start pulling those tabs, and bring them along with a can of beans to the rally. Buy a lucky 50/50 ticket and then ÔÇ£dunkÔÇØ your favorite MOA Board member!

I know some kids that will be really glad you did!!!

vanmar27;451409[B said:
Dunking Booth:[/B] Yep a dunking booth. This is your chance to take your turn at ÔÇ£dunkingÔÇØ your Rally Chairs, Executive Director and your favorite Board members and do it for the kids! Be sure to look for the schedule of who will be in the ÔÇ£boothÔÇØ on Friday and Saturday. Bring your aim and a bunch of cash!!!

this is an outstanding idea.

when is sue r-m scheduled to be on the hot seat? :evil

More To See And Do Around The Rally!

For those who may not have seen it on the Rally page over on the site....

We have put together a really cool tour of the Bush's Beans factory located in Chestnut hill, TN. This is a beautiful little Tennessee town about 75 miles from the rally site...you will enjoy the ride there and back! This is NOT a group ride but rather a show up there, take in the tour and the festivities and ease on back!
Check this link for all the details! http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally09/mountain_magic_beans_tour_country_style . we expect this to sell out so don't wait to sign up and get your chance to meet Duke the Bean Dog!

Also, check the website for details on discounted admission to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. This is a "must see" at a greatly reduced price just for the MOA Rally attendees! This will be a great stop for many on your way to or from the rally or a nice day ride from the rally. Check it out! http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally09/biltmore_discount_for_bmw_moa_members

Cannot Wait!!!

I've been away from the Forum for quite some time and have unfortunately missed the last two Rallies, so I'm soooo excited that I just registered for this one. It can't come too soon!!!! Now, I need to do some reading up on what to expect - yippeeeeeee!!!!

:dance

I've been away from the Forum for quite some time and have unfortunately missed the last two Rallies, so I'm soooo excited that I just registered for this one. It can't come too soon!!!! Now, I need to do some reading up on what to expect - yippeeeeeee!!!!

:dance
Hey, DLilah! Good to hear you're back. Geri and I will be looking forward to seeing you at the rally.

Glad to see that name around again, D-person! Hoping you're doing well. Looking forward to seeing you at various places again. Sent you an email.

Good to know. I found a few BBQ joints in Johnson City, any worth a visit?

Dixie Barbecue Company
423-283-7447
3301 North Roan St.
Johnson City, TN

Firehouse Restaurant & Catering
423-929-7377
627 West Walnut St.
Johnson City, TN

Red Pig Bar-B-Q
423-282-6585
2201 Ferguson Rd.
Johnson City, TN

RiverÔÇÖs Edge Restaurant
423-743-3713
2004 Jonesborough Rd.
Erwin, TN

I "retested" the BBQ at the Firehouse Restaurant last night on our 41st. wedding anniversary and it is still delicious. However, they have a big crowd in the evenings when nothing is going on and they do not take reservations.

Not food - a little vendor info

In a newsletter that came to my email:

BMW MOA International Rally
ItÔÇÖs official; Team Wunderlich America will be at the 37th BMW MOA International rally in Johnson City, Tennessee from July 16 ÔÇô 19. We will be well stocked with many hundreds of the most popular Wunderlich accessories, available for you to purchase on site. Our Team will include certified technicians who will be available to install a wide range of Wunderlich accessories on your bike during the rally.

We look forward to showing you our new displays and having the chance to meet you in person. If your bike is already heavily accessorized with Wunderlich products, we would love the opportunity to have your bike parked in our booth for all or part of the rally. By allowing us to display your bike, weÔÇÖll give you a credit to be used for additional Wunderlich accessories at the rally or at a later date. If you are interested in participating, please e-mail photos of your bike to us.​

Just an FYI!

Blue Ridge 1150GS Ride Video

I put up a new YouTube video of my son and me on a 1150GS and KLR 650 ride through the mountains of North Georgia, Western North Carolina, and East Tennessee. For those going to the Rally in Johnson City, take a look at the dirt roads and twisties pavement of this area. The Dragon, Smoky Mountains, Max Patch, and the Blue Ridge Parkway are all represented. Some gentle humor at our own expense is part of the package.

Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsxnu...e=channel_page

Enjoy the video. We had a great time making it.

Reminder...Reminder!!!!

Please remember to save those pull tabs from aluminum drink cans. Bring them to the rally along with a can or two of beans for the food bank. Let's show the local folks what we can do when we all pull together!!

Here are the details again!!

How Can We Help???

Canned Food Drive: Bring with you to the rally a couple of canned food items. We will collect these in the Registration area and in the Country Store. I know we tend to pack heavy coming to the rallybut we can all make room for a couple of Cans For The Kids

Pull Tab Pull: We will collect the aluminum pull tabs from the soft drink and beer cans served in the Beer Garden. This will likely be a bunch of ÔÇÿem but we can add to the count significantly by collecting them starting NOW and bringing them with you to the rally! These will be given to the local Ronald McDonald House to support their housing program for kidsÔÇÖ families that are being treated in local hospitals. To date almost 5 million bucks have been raised from these tabs alone!

It ain't hard to do and this stuff is easy to pack so bring it on!! :usa

shipping address at rally

Hello folks!
I am looking forward to another fabulous rally.
If I want to have an order shipped to the rally is there a shipping address and a location rallygoers can receive a shipment.
Thanks
vic #6711
:thumb

From the FAQ Section on the MOA Site: See you there!

NEED TO SHIP?

How do I ship my gear to the Rally?

Please do not ship packages for arrival before July 15th to avoid confusion. Upon arrival on site please visit the Receiving area located close to the Vendor area to claim your shipments. Clearly mark all packages as follows:

Your Name & Contact Number

C/O BMW MOA Rally

APPALACHIAN FAIRGROUNDS

100 Lakeview Street

Gray, TN 37615

There will be UPS shipping available for return gear or all the stuff you bought that you can't carry home!

I'm really looking forward to this ride. Sure hope that my bike is put back together by then.
i was getting worried about this too. my transmission was making some real weird noises. luckily i was able to get a loaner /2 transmission to diagnose it and the owner doesn't mind if i ride it to TN and back. nice guy. i hope yours works out too.

i was getting worried about this too. My transmission was making some real weird noises. Luckily i was able to get a loaner /2 transmission to diagnose it and the owner doesn't mind if i ride it to tn and back. Nice guy. I hope yours works out too.

Nize!

For those following along at home this means that Mr. Oldandbusted is going to ride an over 40 year old motorcycle from Vermont to Tennessee!

:bow :thumb

over 50! early model /2 :brow

she made it to wisconsin and back, so i'm optimistic. but also realistic... (i bring a wide selection of tools)

Back