• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150R - ABS Rework Part?

tomlatos

This bike is new to me. The bike has the ABS system removed including the wiring harness. But there is a mystery part installed just forward of the battery that I discovered when changing the battery. There are only 2 wires connected to this electrical part. There are (2) wiring pigtails that are no longer connected anywhere. Can anyone please let me know the function of this part? The part carries a PN of 1 301 329 3567/357.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom Latos

close up.jpg
front of battery view.jpg

It looks like a junction box for the brake lights. When the ABS unit is removed, the brake lights have to be rewired with a relay in order for them to work properly. How do the brakes feel? I’m thinking of doing the ABS removal on my 2003 RT.

A quick Google search seems to indicate that it is a BMW 02-06 E46 M3 OEM Bixenon Headlight Ballast Wires Wiring. I think its more auto though. Not sure this helps much? Wonder if the headlight was modified from its original OEM design?

download.jpg

A quick Google search seems to indicate that it is a BMW 02-06 E46 M3 OEM Bixenon Headlight Ballast Wires Wiring. I think its more auto though. Not sure this helps much? Wonder if the headlight was modified from its original OEM design?

View attachment 88576

That's it! It is a Bosch E46 bixenon ballast. The PO mentioned that he removed a bright headlight bulb and replaced with original. I will remove this part from the bike as it is not needed.

Thanks for solving this mystery for me.

Tom Latos

Back