• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1995 r1100r throttle body sync

rtwoody

Hi All Looking for a few ideas as to problem I'm having with my brothers bike
hook up the manometer and start bike both TB's are equal as soon as you increase the throttle the left TB goes way out
I removed the hose from the port and it feels as though the air is coming out of the port instead of being drawn in
any ideas and help offered would be appreciated
Thanks
Rod

I noticed there are a couple of past threads on Oilhead throttle body sync in the Similar Threads box at the bottom of the screen. Might be worth giving them a read...

Start by being sure the valves are properly adjusted.

Then note that balance at idle is accomplished with the big brass air bleed screws and that balance off idle depends on the correct adjustment of the throttle cables.

The bike is a '95. Somewhere about then BMW switched from a single cable that wrapped around the pulley on the left side and then crossed over the engine top to the throttle body on the right side, to two separate cables from a splitter box. The correct adjustment of free play is different for the two cable types.

If you have a single cable that crosses over then you need 1 to 2 mm of free play at the left throttle body and as close to zero free play as you can set it at the right throttle body. Otherwise the left TB starts to open before the right TB does.

If that bike has the splitter under the fuel tank and separate lines to the TBs then you need equal free play at the two TBs.

Good luck.

Back