• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from Austin, TX

ATXdoc

I just purchased a new 2009 R1200GS. Oddly enough, it's not my first BMW motorcycle. Several years ago, I had a 2002 R1150RT that I sold after moving back to Texas. I always regretted selling that bike, but I wanted something a little lighter. I have to say that I really love the way the GS handles. I'm looking forward to fall rides out in the Texas Hill Country.

Welcome Doc. Lots of new forum members from TX recently. Glad to have you here and check out this page for a list of Chartered Clubs. Good people who will welcome you like family.

How about a pic of that new GS?

Welcome ATXdoc - as Sibud said post a picture, else it didn't happen - just kidding.

The GS will always be one of my favorite bikes - someday I will get one

Enjoy yours and check in often.

Hola ATX,
Come meet up with us some weekend...we know all the secret roads...You have to pass thru Blanco to get out of Austin! We lived in Austin until last year when I retired. Don't miss it too much now. My favorite bike from the stable is also my '09 GSA.
Our San Antonio clubs site.
www.sabmwra.org

doc
there is a rally in smithville weekend of october 16. good tire break in ride for your new 1200

pecos

I wish I could be at the rally. But, I have to be in New Orleans for a work related conference.

I finally got around to uploading some pictures. Hopefully, I did it correctly. I've been riding as much as possible since I got back in town. I'm finding that this bike is a lot more versatile than a R1150RT I sold several years ago.

Attachments

• IMG00531.jpg
    IMG00531.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 60
+1 Nice picture. Was down along the beach from High Island to Freeport and would have loved to be riding a GS today.

Back