• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75 Engine Protection Bars

D

DZIMBRIC

So far I am batting .1000. I have two project bikes in the garage right now and can't get the engine protection installed bars back on either one. Nothing seems to line up.

Does anyone have a K75 that they can take a picture of showing the installed engine proteciton bars? The K75 I am working on right now was a wreck, the frame and rear wheel have been replaced and I purchased new rubber mounts for the bars but what I have doesn't match the parts fiches or line up correctly.

I tried cussing but that didn't work.

Thanks
Dan.

If this helps you out, I'm pretty sure the bars are different for RTs, Cs and S or T model K75s. Maybe you have the wrong bars for the bike you have.:nyah (sorry, couldn't resist using that emoticon for the first time ever).

I only wish, no they were on there and now they won't go back.

Hope this helps

Just looked at mine, sorry I didn't bring my camera to work today.
There is the bar that bolts to the engine, and then there are the rubber mounting bolts that mount the case guards to the engine mounted bar.
I'll try to post an image tonight.

I'm doing the same...

I just ordered a used pair to put on mine....
Some illustration is on the microfiche... http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?kind=M&series=K59&arch=0

you can also checkout the clymer's manual. There should be something.
If I find the page first, i'll post it here.

got any pics of what you're trying to match up? someone might be able to help you sleuth...

Last edited:
2.png

The configuration in the Clymers is the same as that on the fiche. It does not match up with what I took apart and actually looks more like what I have on the K100. Item #6 is an allen bolt and Item #8 goes into the bracket.

I got the right side mounted up last night. The top bracket orientation was off from when the frame was mounted to the engine, I loosened the bolt and twisted it a bit and everything lined up to where I could get the bolts started.
On the the left side the rear bottom side of the bar is bent when the bike went down. It is out by 1/2 inch so I turned it over to the shop guys at work to see what they can do with it.

The left side rubber mounts were torn apart when the bike went down and have been replaced, as well as the rear wheel, tail light assembly and frame.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Dan

Now time to post a thread on how do you clean injectors, or why you should not place a golf tee in the injector port to keep debris out.:scratch

Hi, Dan,
You show a K75RT in your sig. I assume this is the bike about which you are asking the questions. If you are not already aware, the crash bars for the RT are different from the basic K75. The K75 does not use the bracket #19, the bars are different, and the bolt #6 is threaded so #8 can screw into it.

I have found it very difficult to straighten previously-bent crash bars where they will fit onto the bike correctly. If your shop can straighten the bar, you must live right!

about the microfiche....

on the real oem site, it appears to only list part numbers that you need below the microfiche. I experimented by selecting a different model k75 and navigating to the same diagram. The site showed me a different list of parts for the other k75 model.
pretty cool....

Now, to deter a little bit...I found a site once that had prices filled in next to the part numbers. But, I can't seem to find it again. Anyone know what the site is?

Now, to deter a little bit...I found a site once that had prices filled in next to the part numbers. But, I can't seem to find it again. Anyone know what the site is?

Go to www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com. Max is one of the dealers from whom you can both get part number and price (BMW suggested retail price). There are others, too, but for reference I usually use Max.

Hi, Dan,
You show a K75RT in your sig. I assume this is the bike about which you are asking the questions. If you are not already aware, the crash bars for the RT are different from the basic K75. The K75 does not use the bracket #19, the bars are different, and the bolt #6 is threaded so #8 can screw into it.

I have found it very difficult to straighten previously-bent crash bars where they will fit onto the bike correctly. If your shop can straighten the bar, you must live right!

On this K75 the rubber mount was screwed into the bracket #19.

The shop guys were successful, didn't even mark up the chrome any worse than it was. Guess it helps to work in nuclear power plant, we have some extremely skilled welders and metal fabricators.:thumb

golf tee is out, intake manifold and throttle bodies ae clean, mouse nest crap in air box is gone and bike is coming back togther.

thanks

Back