• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 2610 mount fabricated

Jeff488

Aspiring Profligate
Spent most of today making this so the mount that Garmin Cust. service kindly sent me fits on Pearl.
It occurred to me that there isn't much room on a R100RT for stuff like this.
Here's my solution. I used 1/8" sheet aluminum for the face and two electric conduit hangers to attach to the bars. a piece of inner tube goes between the hanger and the face to keep it from tilting due to vibration, etc.
Some cable insulation used for the edge trim.
I'm new at posting photos, so bear with me, please.

Ooops, goofed

I think I broke the forum. It won't let me post a photo.
I practiced on the "How to" thread and it worked.
But not here. I may give up for today.
Come by my house and have a look.:banghead

Maybe this will work

With the gps attached. I'll post another later.

Last edited:
The clamp(left side)

Not so great a photo, but you can see the bolt that tightens the clamp.

Last edited:
Looking good. How do you keep thieves' hands off of it?

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Hang an empty holster from the side of the bike.

hahahha

very nice. i did something similar with the other stock garmin part that came with my 2720. it is screwed and loctited through the top of my big mac tankbag. all my electronics stay with the thankbag wherever i go:

155395383-M.jpg

155395330-M.jpg

hahahha

very nice. i did something similar with the other stock garmin part that came with my 2720. it is screwed and loctited through the top of my big mac tankbag. all my electronics stay with the thankbag wherever i go:

Nifty! I should get my new Sargent tank bag on Tuesday. I'll look at a way to put it on there. I still have a car mount and sandbag mount for the 2610. Maybe one of those can be adapted to work on the bag.
The garmin motorcycle mount has a lock which needs a torx driver(supplied with key chain loop) to loosen. You can see in the photo without the unit a red band on the top. That shows the locking bar is open. When I'm not with the bike, I plan to take the bag and unit with me.
I like the empty holster idea!

...I used 1/8" sheet aluminum for the face and two electric conduit hangers to attach to the bars. a piece of inner tube goes between the hanger ...

Any installation that involves conduit hangers and a piece of innertube deserves a commendation. :thumb Creative and functional.

Well Jeff, your post inspired me to get one of these units. I am going to make a mount similar to yours, but I will be fabricating some barbacks as part of the setup. I will post some photos when it is done.

Now I just have to get an empty holster!:)

hahahha

Hi Bubba, Looks like a good idea. Question, when you lift the bag to fill up is it a big hassle?? Thanks in advance.

Back