• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/13/07

S

SNC1923

Having fun yet?

Our photo assignment threads (this is our sixth) are averaging 1,800 hits. That's a lot of folks looking in to see what's going on. If you are one of them, we hope you'll consider joining us to share your photographic interpretations of the themes.

However, to forestall chaos, we humbly offer these simple rules:

• Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
  • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
  • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
  • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
  • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo.
  • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
  • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Group Dynamic."

:scratch

Our friends at Wikipedia define group dynamics as "the study of groups, and also a general term for group processes. In psychology and sociology, a group is two or more individuals who are connected to each other by social relationships. Because they interact and influence each other, groups develop a number of dynamic processes that separate them from a random collection of individuals. These processes include norms, roles, relations, development, need to belong, social influence, and effects on behavior.

As with other challenges, interpret this theme as you will. I merely offer the definition above as a jumping-off place. You need not limit your definition of groups to "individual" humans.

Now get out there and take some pictures.

Excellent. Maybe I'll actually have an opportunity to take some pictures this weekend. :bluduh

Try any convenient biker bar about 11:00 p.m. Ought to be good for some kind of group dynamic.

:ha

Sadly it's 50 degrees right now, and only going to get colder. Those guys will be in their cages. Maybe I can catch a few getting into their trucks with the brand stickers affixed to the back windows. :dunno

Statdawg, each of these is a great image. I LOVE the one on the field, and it fits the theme perfectly. Excellent color, composition, and angle. I'll have more to say about it next week.

Of the QB shots, I like the first better as I think it tells more of a story. The second one is unfortunate because it has Chris Farley (RIP) in the background cleaning his fingernails!

Really cool shots.

Statdawg, each of these is a great image. I LOVE the one on the field, and it fits the theme perfectly. Excellent color, composition, and angle. I'll have more to say about it next week.

Of the QB shots, I like the first better as I think it tells more of a story. The second one is unfortunate because it has Chris Farley (RIP) in the background cleaning his fingernails!

Really cool shots.

Chris Farley. :rofl

Looks like I missed a good game!!! (and nice shots!)

I missed several chances this morning. I left my camera at home when I went to the park. There were LOTS of opportunities to get groups of deer.

For Every Group There is a Recluse

DSC01089.JPG

This was taken outside a busy farm-stand. Every week we collect our organic vegetable "farm share" from this small barn in Upstate New York. Farm shares like this build the local economy, keep small farms alive, and help the environment.

Last edited:
Setting Up for the Rush

DSC01093.JPG

Unfortunately, the group dynamic isn't really clear in this shot. These guys were so organized there wasn't much of a group to see... They had soccer moms driving their SUV's through a coral. The orders were taken up front, next stop payment was taken, and their order was delivered right to their car at the final stop.

The entire town smelled like BBQ.

Last edited:
A few shots from Mortons BMW dealer Octoberfest in northern VA

DSC_3285%20copy.jpg

DSC_3288%20copy.jpg

DSC_3298%20copy.jpg

DSC_3301%20copy.jpg

DSC_3304%20copy.jpg

RM

Mountain Parade

208047418-L.jpg

This is a spectacularly ordinary shot. If rider #1 had been leaning just a bit to his left, the result would have been a more dynamic, interesting photo. I like the way the light and colors rendered.

Soccer Sunday

208048024-L.jpg

There is a vast soccer complex near my home. I took quite a few pictures to get this one. Shooting action on the fly and being barred from editing softward adds an element of challenge.

Follow the Leader

208048600-L.jpg

Snapped these mud hens (Fulica Americana) out for their morning constitutional at Hart Park.

Back