• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

no start

thomaswoodley

Got an R1100R. Turns over strong and fuel is getting to the injectors. Have had to use starter fluid (ether) to get the bike to run. once it starts, it runs fine. I replaced battery, plugs with the same results. After bike sits for a bit 30min or more, it will not star without the starter fluid. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have an intake leak in the tubes between the throttle bodies and the head? I had a VW Bug that had the same problem and it turned out to be cracked joints on the intake runners. There was enough air flowing through the crack/leak that it made it too lean to start.

I will check that tube for a leak. Once the bike is running, it runs great. Also, it will star right after I have ridden it and it is hot.
Thanks Dave I will check that now

Back