• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Replace OEM saddle '02 K1200RS

RBEmerson

Kein Nasebohrer
The cover on my OEM saddle is splitting after 13 years. If anyone has either a very low mileage original saddle or a recommendation for something similar...? I want a saddle I can move around on laterally. I've sampled almost all of the "day long" saddles - no way no how. Even Corbin seems to think I want something wider than stock. With the C10 Concours they made something like the original saddle only with their ...um... very firm padding which required a break-in period. AFAIK there's nobody in the area who will make a replacement cover.

Saw that. I don't trust my skills on the staple-them covers, and the multi-tone covers have seams that run right where one sits - fail. I'm being snotty about this, I know, but so it goes. :)

K1200RS seat replacement

The cover on my OEM saddle is splitting after 13 years. If anyone has either a very low mileage original saddle or a recommendation for something similar...? I want a saddle I can move around on laterally. I've sampled almost all of the "day long" saddles - no way no how. Even Corbin seems to think I want something wider than stock. With the C10 Concours they made something like the original saddle only with their ...um... very firm padding which required a break-in period. AFAIK there's nobody in the area who will make a replacement cover.

I purchased my 98 K1200RS in Nov. 13 with a very worn Corbin Gunfighter seat. In March of 14 I took the seat to Astech(may have spelled name wrong) in Gas City in Indiana. They re-padded the seat and made a beautiful grey leather cover with yellow piping(bike is a yellow taxi). I have put 25K miles on seat to include 2 trips tp FLA and to the Dragon this last spring. The seat still looks and great feels great to me. It cost $560 but is still totally worth it. I can move any direction I want with ease.

I'm happy to say googling turned up a shop - Bux Custom, Pottstown, PA - that does saddles in addition car interiors. Now to find out how poor I'll be with a renovated saddle...

Back