• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

some more pics

these are the pics my son Mark took on his phone ,hope I can get them to go ,Jimmy:caimage1.JPGimage3.jpg p,s does this blue make me look FAT ? very happy, needs tires and and rear brake pads worn may need a rear disc have stripped her of fairing tank etc and giving everything a really good wash

I can't tell if either of these new additions still have their original brake lines, but if they do......change them NOW (front and rear) before they disintegrate totally and leave you with no braking power. Something stainless from Spiegler or Galfer would work. :thumb

I can't tell if either of these new additions still have their original brake lines, but if they do......change them NOW (front and rear) before they disintegrate totally and leave you with no braking power. Something stainless from Spiegler or Galfer would work. :thumb

Mine Still has the original lines. Stainless replacements are on my short list. They seem to be in good shape for their age, but I'd feel better with new.

Picture because picture thread.. :)
lot.jpg

ditto on the brake lines

probably will not get the bike on the road this season, as I want to remove the gearbox and check the clutch etc, and the wife and I are off to Europe this July and August so time is short, but I do have my 1977 r100s to ride mean time, bye for now Jimmy

Mine Still has the original lines. Stainless replacements are on my short list. They seem to be in good shape for their age, but I'd feel better with new.

Without putting too fine a point on it, you want to change those line NOW.

They might have an outward appearance of being "in good shape for their age" but its what's inside that counts. And we can guarantee that all is not well in there.

Read this, especially the posts by Anton : https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?60001-Rear-brake-failure-on-the-road-today

We want your shiny bike to stay that way! :thumb

How an old mechanic once remarked (whilst doing a brake job on my Fire Truck).

Priorities in order.

It has to STOP.
It has to STEER.
It has to START.

Replaced my brake lines last year on an '04 S. Bike only has 21K miles on it, but peace of mind is priceless.

:)

Well, it's official, I'm now retired from riding. The S was sold to a nice gent from Seattle today.

It was a heck of a ride, and sure enjoyed this website. Take care all!

Adios Amigos!009.jpg

You didn't tell that nice gentleman about this thread did you? Team RS - winning through attrition. It has been fun and thanks for the checkered cab posts. As much as I love my RS, your S is a beauty. Take care

You didn't tell that nice gentleman about this thread did you? Team RS - winning through attrition. It has been fun and thanks for the checkered cab posts. As much as I love my RS, your S is a beauty. Take care

Of course I told him where he could go for a little harassment! He's much younger than I, so he'll be around to dish it out for a long time to win the battle. :)

You be careful out there. :dance

Cheers!

The gent with the Pathetic Blue S will just have to find another target. :dunno

Ha! As long as Bluehole keeps showing up.....still trailering your bike around to various interesting locations, Mr. Bluehole? :laugh

And because this is a picture thread....SAM_0020.jpg

Last edited:
My '98 R1100RT on the Cabot Trail in the fall 2014. It currently has 212, 000 km.

Attachments

• R1100RT Cabot Trail.jpg
    R1100RT Cabot Trail.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 167
Back