• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Spring is coming.

jeffd

I now know that spring is on the way. No, the local Dairy Queen is not open. No, I have not seen the first Robin yet. What I did see was the first skunk of the year flattened out on the highway. Don't know what it is like where you live but here in NE Ohio when the skunks come out spring is sure to follow. Now if only the ice in the drive would melt so I could get the bike out.

I now know that spring is on the way. No, the local Dairy Queen is not open. No, I have not seen the first Robin yet. What I did see was the first skunk of the year flattened out on the highway. Don't know what it is like where you live but here in NE Ohio when the skunks come out spring is sure to follow. Now if only the ice in the drive would melt so I could get the bike out.

Here in Mighty MO, the skunks are out all winter. We have the chance to embrace the perfumed aroma of PePe Le Pu all year. Lucky us.

Funny you should mention the skunk. We woke up this morning to the smell of one. I don't know how they can get around in the nearly 8 feet of snow we have, although it has settled and compacted some. Is Mr or Mrs Skunk getting around in tunnels? Do they wear little skunky snowshoes? How do they know that spring is coming? And is it really?

pete

No Spring

I don't think there has been spring for the last couple of years. Winter to Summer, spring does not seem to arrive. That stupid rodent lies and says spring on it's way but NOOOOOO.

Trash eating vermin, dead in the road, is the only remaining sign of hope we have?

Last edited:
The cactus in Big Bend National Park are about to burst into blooms.

But Hi Bice said we have to wait for the mesquite to know there won't be another frost.

Voni
sMiling

I'm glad Spring has showed up somewhere.

In Southern Illinois I think we are just going to go from winter to summer. :banghead

In Southern Illinois I think we are just going to go from winter to summer. :banghead

Last night was ~2" of sleet and ice, so lots of scrapping before dinner and this morning before breakfast. Tonight's forecast is for 2~4" of snow and colder temps for Thursday and Friday.

Sunny and mid-30's for Saturday and Sunday.....:)

75 in Pensacola FL today.....

way above norm......cold front approaching tomorrow....will get down to 35 Thurs night:D

Warmest February on record here in Washington state. Average temp was over 50F. Not a lot of rain either. Past two months I've been able to ride about 700 miles each month. Cherry blossoms and Dogwoods are blooming. Temps are forecasted to be way above 60F in the next few days - more great riding weather. Meanwhile on the East Coast... ugh.

I'm worried we are going to go directly from winter to fall. At least the snow piles will still be around.

pete

It can't come soon enough

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sMjvOtVodvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At some point, you just have to give up and stay home. Familiar scene: people carefully driving on ice @ 35 or 40 mph, then some bozo flies by doing 65 mph with the inevitable results: dumb.

Harry

One thing is certain...the roads in my area have taken an absolute beating. Between the potholes and the frost heaves...LOTS of frost heaves...spring riding is gonna be a challenge.

One thing is certain...the roads in my area have taken an absolute beating. Between the potholes and the frost heaves...LOTS of frost heaves...spring riding is gonna be a challenge.

Sure, but the rim-straightening business will be booming.

I have my maple trees tapped and had a good week of sap collection then 4 days ago everything slowed way down .The weather changed, never going below 40 deg. at night. That shut down the sap flow.If the weather doesn't get colder at night this could be another crap year .Good for brewing maple sap beer though! Today it's still 42 deg. at 11:eek:o pm ,not good.

Goose poop, spring is on it's way.

As well, 4C yesterday, 8C today, posers out with snow and ice on the roads still. Saw a squid wearing sweats with his girl on the back getting the s--t scared out of hm when he ice underneath the water. Pretty surprised he kept it together but I'm sure there is brown skid mark in his shorts.

It's here...
the annual barrage of Live Oak leaves, which shed in spring before the new growth and pollen a few weeks away. We don't pick up all of them, just near the house and outbuildings. Supposed to rain the next couple of days, but it's welcomed...after I cleaned the gutters with the blower anyways. :violin
20150317_144144_resized.jpg

20150317_144718_resized.jpg

First running of weedeater, mower and backpack blower...yeah:banghead

Attachments

• 20150317_132555_resized.jpg
    20150317_132555_resized.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 115
1st day of spring

1st day of spring and we have about 5 inches of snow and still snowing, at 4:30pm EST.

snow, snow; go away.

Back