• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75RT heat behind the fairing

BILLK75

Like most K75 riders I find my bike is more of a winter bike because of the engine heat and I end up riding my R1100rt in the summer instead( it's cooler) what I found is that if I put a piece of water pipe insulation foam ,about 1 1/2 inch diameter between the fuel tank and the air box on the right side and the same place on the left , from where the fairing ends back to the side cover in almost eliminates all the hot air from the engine. I put a thermometer by my leg without the blocker and the air was 135 degrees, after I installed the foam the air temp dropped to the ambient temp of 90 degrees. Now riding my k bike at least temp wise is the same as my R1100.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try that. I just resort to removing the windshield from my RT. I'll put it back on in October.

Keith

You need to remember to include the MODEL of your bike in the title (I added it for you).

The RT is the only K75 with heat issues and those are well known. They are not a good bike in hot weather. A lot of people remove the fairing lowers during the summer to try to increase the airflow around the engine.

:dance:dance:dance

Back