• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bluetooth - 2013 R1200RT

sickticket

Getting my bike set up for some serious touring in a few months. Bike is currently in my shed and blocked in by snow. Waiting to install my new Russell seats and doing a few 700 mile rides before going for my first Saddlesore 1000.

One upgrade I am looking into is listening to my stereo via bluetooth. I currently wear foam earplugs and use the bikes built in speakers on my daily commutes to work. I have read that the Sena SMH-10 is one of the best on the market but that there were problems sync'ng it with the bike. Is this still a problem since there have been one or two upgrades in the software?

Thanks

I purchased the Sena SMH-10 system last summer to listen to music, get directions and receive phone calls through my Garmin GPS. It's been great. However I had to trade in my 2005 RT for a 2011 that has stereo. I've not been able to sync the Sena with the bike's Bluetooth to listen to the radio. Look forward to the feedback from anyone who's been able to sync it.

Getting my bike set up for some serious touring in a few months. Bike is currently in my shed and blocked in by snow. Waiting to install my new Russell seats and doing a few 700 mile rides before going for my first Saddlesore 1000.

One upgrade I am looking into is listening to my stereo via bluetooth. I currently wear foam earplugs and use the bikes built in speakers on my daily commutes to work. I have read that the Sena SMH-10 is one of the best on the market but that there were problems sync'ng it with the bike. Is this still a problem since there have been one or two upgrades in the software?

Thanks

I have my 2013 sync with my Sena SMH10. Works fine. Also sync to my Zumo 660 ( which has my iphone 5S synced to it). Works fine. Just be careful about what u fire up first. I turn the Sena on first, then the bike audio and once synced turn on the Garmin. No issues but if not in that order sync make not work.

Regards
Paul

Thanks

Yes, syncing the SMH-10 with BMW audio systems used to be a problem and required a unique pairing procedure but that has been resolved. Be sure to disconnect/remove pairing with all blue-tooth devices i.e. bike, phone etc. after completing software updates and then re-pair them. Pairing my bike with the SMH-10 works best using the pairing procedure for phones (section 6.1 in the most recent Sena users guide).

Back