• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'm Beginning to Think About Maybe Considering New Tires

The Pilot Road 3's I'm putting on look like this.

small pr3.jpg

Those little dots will show tread wear in the middle of the tire and hopefully will indicate when I should change them for new ones.

I had 2 sets of Z6's do that, running Michelin Pilots now.
Dunlop sportmax also worked well when the last Z6 left me stranded.

Anakee 3's. Loved Anakee 2' but the the 3's are better. Front has an excellent feel. Only got 300 miles on the rear and so far so good. (all on twisties and out to the edge good)

Whoops sorry, guess I must have thought everyone rides a GS :laugh

Anakee 3's. Loved Anakee 2' but the the 3's are better. Front has an excellent feel. Only got 300 miles on the rear and so far so good. (all on twisties and out to the edge good)

Whoops sorry, guess I must have thought everyone rides a GS :laugh

All the cool kids ride a GS.

The rest of wish we could. :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Ever since I had a tire that looked like your pic, and wondered "what's that white line" on the tire, I always change early. I ran my finger over that "white line" and it came back red. :scratch Steel chords hurt. :laugh

View attachment 41636

Those little dots will show tread wear in the middle of the tire and hopefully will indicate when I should change them for new ones.

There are wear bars too. I just hit them this week. 12,200 miles on them. That's the best I've done on any bike.

There's still plenty of rubber left on that tire, Rockbottom. You just have to keep turning and you will get lots more miles out of it. :bliss

pete

I'm at 10k on my PR3s and I want to change them, but alas there is still some tread left. I've had these Angel GTs sitting around from their promotion for a while now and I want them to go on! 1st world problems, eh?

Yea, maybe you should get serious about looking

I understand sarcastic humor, and it all probably just slid by your attention, but' uhhh, really?!

I through away a 1/2 worn set of Metzlers off the RT because I didn't like the way they felt, for Mich' PR3's - very satisfied with the lean grip and mileage.

There are wear bars too. I just hit them this week. 12,200 miles on them. That's the best I've done on any bike.

I hope to do the same. Sure would help the pocket book if I was getting that kind of mileage out of a rear.

My name is Bud and I have a problem with my right wrist.:laugh

I hope to do the same. Sure would help the pocket book if I was getting that kind of mileage out of a rear.

My name is Bud and I have a problem with my right wrist.:laugh

I am at least the equivalent of two up, so that mileage is even more amazing.

To quote the great American Poet, Jimmy Buffett (in the album "Fruitcakes") ...

"Indecision may or may not be my problem ..."

I had 2 sets of Z6's do that, running Michelin Pilots now.
Dunlop sportmax also worked well when the last Z6 left me stranded.

View attachment 41636

Well,
When it finally IS time for new skins...
You MIGHT consider the Michelins. :wave
I'm lovin the PR3s on my K1200.

Pilot road 3's

Reading the tire review in the ON this April I went to Michelin PR3's as they indicated good tire wear and good wet road traction. I just went over 6000 miles and they look great. My master mechanic Dave peters at Pensacola BMW also recommended them. Great traction, quite, smooth, and so far long lasting. I've ran. Perrille, 6000 miles, continentals, 4000 miles and metzlers, 6000 miles. So far PR3's are giving me the best overall value.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 33
Back