• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie Here

avalon5544

I just started street riding a year ago after my last kid graduated from college. After 20 years of dirt riding I finally gave in to an urge I have had for a very long time.
I have been riding a V-Strom DL1000 as my first street bike but I just knew there was a BMW in my future. Well, my future happened faster than I though and I just bought a 2006 R1200RT. I drove Volkswagens for years and there is just something about a Boxer engine, quirky as it may be, that has always attracted me.
I don't know it for sure, but I think I have found my brand for life.
Best in class brakes and headlights were part of the reason I chose a BMW along with the overall fit and finish of German vehicles. I also plan on heading from California up to Montana and Wyoming and up into Southern Canada someday and this ride will do it. I also like to scrape the pegs when I get the opportunity and this seems like the right bike for that. My V-Strom is 60 lbs lighter wet than the R12 but the R12 honestly seems lighter than the V-Strom.

My bike has the stereo but no aux input cable. Before I pull the stereo to see, does anybody know if there is and what/where the cable is I need to buy for it.

Thanks,

You sound like me. Don't know what it is about the boxer, but I love that motor. Welcome to the world of BMW and welcome to the BMOA. Next you need to get prepared for some nice long road trips. Your BMW will thank you for them. And you will thank yourself.

Back