• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

The boss had a thing for Brit bikes, probably due to the team race manager. Two 50's Indy cars, yes the red car is a Indy car. One of 3 streamliners built for Indy in the 50's. I know everyone that see's it, thinks it's a landspeed record car. I too see the resembalnce.

Poat WW2 grand prix race car

Picture 709.jpg
Picture 710.jpg
Nortan Manx power, Cute. We were at Watkins Glen racing. The Boss out of nowhere asked me what I wanted to do. The race sponcered a car show on Saturday, I was going to take a look . We all went for a look see. He saw this, bought it and had it shipped down a couple weeks later. I think the engine alone back then was worth over $50,000. I never saw this car on the track or hear the engine run. My loss.

Unloading my R9/6

Picture 714.jpg
Picture 715.jpg
Picture 712.jpg
Getting back from '92 Daytona Bike Week. Leo has all the muscle, what's that red thing in the back. I sure ain't straining.

My floating R90

Picture 713.jpg
We had Eddie Wilbanks build us a special lift to work on the Indy Streamliner. Kinda handy, No ramp needed.

Unique cars, truck and motorcycles

Picture 700.jpg
My R90 in a high brow neigborhood. It fit right in.
'73 Ford F100 Baja race truck 460ci, '32 Ford Model B 4 cylinder, 2 red Allards; If I rember correctly the left one had a Chrysler hemi V8 and the right one a flathead Ford V8. The white Fiat Abarth 850 TC. Two Honda 6 cylinder CBX's. One standard and one touring.

'92 Bulow T- shirt

I think I still have my '92 Bulow T, and it still fits, thank you. :) ps I have great memories of Bulow Campground. Lots of memories. May post some pics, You know I will.

Yea, those 6 cylinders do have a great visual presentation. Honda was making a motorcycle corporate statement. I think they succeeded. But, to many valves to adjust. To many carbs to adjust and sink. I guess for some that is the right amount. Good for them.

Road America

Ol' Yaller at Road America, mid 90's
Picture 716.jpg
Picture 717.jpg
I absolutely loved this car. Home built race car by Max Balchowsky. Lots of race history. vintage Chevy 327 small block fuel injected V8. I think it was one of the neatest cars we raced. Fast, easy to drive, easy to load/ unload and all American. It does look a little like a birdcage Maserati.

When the race was over. I did my usual post race car cleanup. We were thru for the day. We broke out the beer, was sitten back relaxing, discussing what a great day of play racing. Laughing about the previous race, how slow it was. We are the kings of slow. Anyway, while sitten there a group walked up with serious looks on their faces. 'How come Y'ous didn't come to the post race party and awards presentations? 'UH Well, we didn't know anything about it Guys.' OK then, here's your 1st place Trophy, you won the race! We was floored. All those races we were in and we never won anything. Now we won a race and we did'nt even know it. We were one hell of a race team. We lived by our own set of rules, in the twilight zone.

'63 Excaliber Hawk

Picture 728.jpg
This home built racer was at the track. I really liked it's look. I think a street version would be neat for the local car cruis'en.

If you like racing and wasnt to see a little of everything, go to a vintage event. SVRA Sportscar Vintage Racing Association is one such organization. Road America, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio are examples of tracks that hosts these events. They race cars from the early 1900's upto probably 1980. All types and styles of cars are raced. Also the pits are usually open and you can talk to the owners and drivers about their cars. Mostly they like it when someone come by and talks cars and takes pics. I know I did.

'87 k100

Pulled my derelict K100 out for a battery charge, then a start and run.
Picture 741.jpg
Picture 739.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 742.jpg
    Picture 742.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 249
Back